Glossary for Horizontal nail ridges in children
Medical terms related to Horizontal nail ridges in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Atopic dermatitis: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Fingernail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Horizontal nail ridges: Horizontal nail ridges are nail creases or grooves that develop in a horizontal manner.
- Human carcinogen -- Arsenic: Arsenic is deemed to be carcinogenic to humans. The carcinogenicity of the substance may be influenced by the nature (e.g. inhalation, ingestion, skin contact), duration and level of exposure.
- Hypocalcaemia: Decreased concentration of calcium in the blood.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Nail Ridges: Linear elevations that may be either horizontal or vertical on the fingernails or toenails.
- Nail conditions: Any condition that affects the nail
- Nail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails or toenails
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Raynaud's disease: It is a reversible ischemia of the peripheral arterioles. It is a painful sensation affecting the fingers and toes associated with whitening or redness
- Toe symptoms: Symptoms affecting the toes
- Toenail symptoms: Symptoms of the nails on the toes
- Yellow nail syndrome: A rare nail condition characterized by thickened yellow nails as well as swelling of parts of the body due to lymphatic drainage problems resulting from blocked or damaged lymphatic system.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Horizontal nail ridges in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Horizontal nail ridges in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Horizontal nail ridges in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Hormonal changes
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: