Glossary for Infectious causes of optic neuritis
Medical terms related to Infectious causes of optic neuritis or mentioned in this section include:
- Contagious Diseases: Any disease that can be transferred from person to person
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Fever in children: Fever in children is the presence of a high body temperature in a child.
- Flu-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to flu including fever
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Headache: Pain affecting the head or brain area.
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Mumps: An acute viral disease that causes the salivary glands to become swollen, sore and inflamed. Immunization had greatly reduced the incidence of this disease.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neuritis: Inflammation of a nerve.
- Optic neuritis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the optic nerve
- Type A influenza subtype H1: The H1 subtype of influenza is a strain of the type A influenza virus that can cause cause serious illness and result in pandemics. Influenza is viral respiratory infection. The virus is very contagious and can cause severe illness especially in patients who are very young or old or have some other medical condition as well. The severity of symptoms can vary but usually involves respiratory and constitutional (e.g. headache, aching muscles) symptoms. The influenza virus can mutate and produce different strains though the symptoms are the same. This frequent mutation means that people need regular vaccinations to ensure they are protected against new strains as they arise.
- Varicella -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that the development of Varicella during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Infectious causes of optic neuritis:
The following list of conditions
have 'Infectious causes of optic neuritis' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Infectious causes of optic neuritis or choose View All.