Glossary for Inspiratory arrest
Medical terms related to Inspiratory arrest or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Anemia: Reduced red blood cells in the blood
- Anoxia: A condition marked by a lack of oxygen.
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Ataxic respiration: is an abnormal pattern of breathing characterised by complete irregularity of breathing with irregular pauses and increasing periods of apnoea
- Biot's respiration: Biot's respiration refers to an abnormal pattern of respiration that includes quick short breaths.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi as a symptom
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Cardiac arrest: Sudden loss of cardiac function, where the heart stops beating.
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is defined as an abnormal, permanent enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles accompanied by destruction of their walls and without obvious fibrosis.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hypoxia: This is where there is a reduction of oxygen supply to parts of the body below what is required for adequate perfusion
- Labored respirations: difficult, usually deep, breathing in patients with cardiac or pulmonary disease or disease affecting nervous system control of ventilation
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Metabolic acidosis: metabolic acidosis is a process which if unchecked leads to acidemia (i.e. blood pH is low (less than 7.35) due to increased production of H+ by the body or the inability of the body to form bicarbonate (HCO3-) in the kidney
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pulmonary hypertension: The occurrence of hypertension the blood vessels of the lungs
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Septic shock: serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis, though the microbe may be systemic or localized to a particular site
- Sleep apnea: A condition which is characterized by transient attacks of apnea that usually occur during ones sleep
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Inspiratory arrest:
The following list of conditions
have 'Inspiratory arrest' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Inspiratory arrest or choose View All.
» Next page: Inspiratory whoop
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: