Glossary for Intermittent crackles
Medical terms related to Intermittent crackles or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Breath sound symptoms: Breathing sounds like wheezing or stridor.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Bronchiectasis: Chronic bronchiole dilation from secretions and blockages.
- Bronchiolitis obliterans: Disease of the lungs in which the bronchioles are plugged with granulation tissue.
- Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi as a symptom
- Congenital bronchogenic cyst: A rare birth condition characterized by the formation of a cyst in the middle of the chest, usually near the area where the trachea branches off. The condition may be asymptomatic but if the cyst is large enough it may cause problems by compressing nearby structures such as the trachea.
- Cough: Any type of coughing symptom.
- Crackles: are the clicking, rattling, or crackling noises heard on auscultation of the lung caused by the"popping open" of small airways and alveoli collapsed by fluid, exudate, or lack of aeration during expiration
- Crackles in children: Crackles in children is a type of abnormal sound made in the lungs during breathing that sounds like gurgling or bubbling.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease affecting the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines, causing progressive disability due to multisystem failure.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Lung sound symptoms: Sounds originating from the lungs.
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia: A very rare disorder where the cilia fail to move. The cilia are tiny, hair-like structures found in the respiratory and ear passages and help to clear debris and mucus. This results in increases risk of respiratory infections, sinusitis, ear infections and male infertility. The infertility results as the tails of sperm is basically cilia.
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Scoliosis: A condition which is characterized by lateral curvature of the spine
- Thoracic wall deformity: Malformation or distortion the normal appearance of the chest.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Tracheobronchomalacia: A rare condition where delayed development of the cartilage that makes up the trachea results in excessive collapsibility of the trachea resulting in breathing difficulty.
- Wheezing: Breathing difficulty with specific wheezing sound.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Intermittent crackles:
The following list of conditions
have 'Intermittent crackles' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Intermittent crackles or choose View All.