Glossary for Itchy eyelid
Medical terms related to Itchy eyelid or mentioned in this section include:
- Acitretin- Teratogenic Agent: Reports indicate that the use of Acitretin during pregnancy may cause various harmful effects on the fetus. The likelihood and severity of symptoms may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at. Acitretin should not be taken by women who are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant.
- Allergies: Immune system over-reaction to various substances.
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Asthenopia: Asthenopia or eye strain refers to general eye symptoms such as vision blurring, eye pain, eye weakness, eye fatigue and headaches which can result from overuse of the eyes or uncorrected vision problems.
- Blepharitis: A common eyelid inflammation
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Chalazion: Slow-growing swelling of the upper or lower eyelid usually caused by a blockage in the oil glands in the eyelid.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Conjunctivitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the conjunctiva
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Diabetes-like blepharitis: It is an ocular disease characterized by inflammation of the eyelid margins. Blepharitis may cause redness of the eyes, itching and irritation of the eyelids in one or both eyes. Its appearance is often confused with conjunctivitis and due to its recurring nature it is the most common cause of "recurrent conjunctivitis" in older people. .
- Eye symptoms: Symptoms affecting the eye
- Eyelid Myokymia: Eyelid myokymia refers to a condition in which there are spontaneous, fine contractions or quivering of the eyelid muscles.
- Eyelid eczema: Eyelid eczema is a chronic skin condition affecting the eyelids. The skin of the eyelids becomes itchy, red and scaly. Often other parts of the body also have eczema.
- Eyelid pain: Sore eyelid or pain affecting the eyelid
- Eyelid symptoms: Symptoms affecting the eyelid
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Itchy eye: The sensation of and urge to, scratch the eye
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pubic lice: Lice in pubic area that are spread sexually.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Trachoma: Chronic bacterial eye condition in the developing world
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Itchy eyelid:
The following list of conditions
have 'Itchy eyelid' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Itchy eyelid or choose View All.
Nov 21, 2003
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: