Glossary for Itchy scalp with rash
Medical terms related to Itchy scalp with rash or mentioned in this section include:
- Breast Cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Breast cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Itchy scalp: Itching of the scalp
- Lice: A parasitic insect that can infect humans
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Polycythemia vera: Polycythemia vera refers to a condition in which there is an abnormal rise n the number of blood cells, especially red blood cells.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Scabies: Mite infection of the skin common in institutions.
- Scalp pain: Pain occurring on or around the scalp.
- Scalp symptoms: Symptoms of the scalp on the head
- Shingles: Infectious viral infection occuring years after chickenpox infection.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Tinea: A condition which is characterized by an infection caused by a fungus
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Itchy scalp with rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Itchy scalp with rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Itchy scalp with rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Itchy scalp without rash
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: