Glossary for Kaposi sarcoma
Medical terms related to Kaposi sarcoma or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Angiofollicular lymph hyperplasia: A rare disorder of the lymph system characterized by the development of benign tumors in lymph tissue anywhere in the body.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Cough: Any type of coughing symptom.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Energy symptoms: Symptoms related to levels of energy.
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Interferon Alpha -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Interferon Alpha during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Kaposi sarcoma: A form of cancer caused by a type of herpesvirus that occurs mainly in the skin but may also affect the lymph nodes, internal organs and mucosal areas. There are four forms of the condition: Classical Indolent form, Endemic African KS, iatrogenic KS and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-associated KS. Symptoms depend on the extent of internal organ and lymphatic system involvement.
- Kaposi's Sarcoma: Kaposi's sarcoma is a cancerous tumor of the connective tissue, and is often associated with AIDS.
- Sarcoma: Any cancer of the connective tissue.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Kaposi sarcoma:
The following list of conditions
have 'Kaposi sarcoma' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Kaposi sarcoma or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Kaposi sarcoma:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Kaposi sarcoma'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: