Glossary for Liver pain
Medical terms related to Liver pain or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute liver pain: pain due to pathology in the liver
- Bearn-Kunkel syndrome: A type of autoimmune liver disease characterized by liver damage, very high blood gammaglobulin levels and increased plasma cells.
- Biliary obstruction: Biliary obstruction is a blockage of the system of tubes that carry bile from the liver to the gallbladder and small intestine.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Budd-Chiari syndrome: A disorder where the main vein leaving the liver becomes blocked leading to symptoms such as liver enlargement and fluid buildup in the abdomen. Also called Chiari's syndrome or Rokitansky's disease.
- Cholangitis: bile duct inflammation (cholangitis)
- Chronic liver pain: pain due to pathology in the liver
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Congestive cardiac failure: A condition characterized by breathlessness and abnormal sodium and water retention.
- Cytomegalovirus: A easily transmissible viral infection that is common but generally causes no symptoms except in infants and people with weakened immune systems.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dubin-Johnson Syndrome: Rare, chronic hyperbilirubinemia caused by the liver's inability to secrete certain organic compounds.
- Enlarged liver: Swelling of the liver.
- Epstein-Barr virus: Common virus causing mononucleosis
- Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome: A rare condition where the thin layer around the liver becomes infected as a result of a spread of infection from gonococcal or chlamydial infections in females.
- Gallstones: A condition where biliary calculi form in the gallbladder
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Jaundice: yellowish discoloration of the skin and mucous membrane
- Jaundice-like symptoms: Yellowing symptoms of jaundice
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Liver abscess: Pus in the liver
- Liver cancer: The occurrence of malignancy that occurs in the liver
- Liver conditions: Any condition that affects the liver
- Liver pain in pregnancy: Liver pain in pregnancy is pain felt under the ribs on the right side of the upper abdomen. This pain may or may not actually arise from the liver, so other potential causes are also listed.
- Liver problems: Any problems that are associated with the livers structure and function
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Liver tenderness: When there is tenderness located over the liver
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Pylephlebitis: A pus-producing inflammation of the wall of the portal vein that drains blood from the abdominal part of the gastrointestinal tract. The infection is often fatal. It usually occurs as a complication of abdominal or pelvic infections such as diverticulitis and appendicitis.
- Schistosomiasis: Parasitic fluke infection in developing countries
- Schistosomiasis japonica: A trematode which causes schistosomiasis japonica
- Schistosomiasis mansoni: A trematode which causes schistosomiasis mansoni
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
- VLCAD deficiency: A rare condition that is characterised by cardiomyopathy, fatty liver, skeletal myopathy, pericardial effusions, ventricular arrhythmias, and sudden death
- Weil syndrome: A rare infectious disorder which affects liver and kidney function and also causes hemorrhaging. It is a severe form of the second phase of leptospirosis which is an infection caused by the spiral shaped bacteria Leptospira interrogans which is transmitted from animals to humans.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Liver pain:
The following list of conditions
have 'Liver pain' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Liver pain or choose View All.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: