Glossary for Local swelling
Medical terms related to Local swelling or mentioned in this section include:
- Abscess: This is an area of puss collected in a cavity which is constituted by necrotised tissue
- Acute upper respiratory infection: Upper respiratory tract infections, are the illnesses caused by an acute infection which involves the upper respiratory tract: nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Chondrosarcoma: Chondrosarcoma is the second most frequent primary malignant tumor of bone, representing approximately 25% of all primary osseous neoplasms. Chondrosarcomas are a group of tumors with highly diverse features and behavior patterns, ranging from slow-growing non-metastasizing lesions to highly aggressive metastasizing sarcomas.
- Dracunculiasis: An infectious disease caused by the nematode Dracunculus medinensis which is usually transmitted by drinking water contaminated by infected crustaceans.
- Ewing's sarcoma: Ewing's sarcoma is a malignant round-cell tumor. It is a rare disease in which cancer cells are found in the bone or in soft tissue. The most common areas in which it occurs are the pelvis, the femur, the humerus, and the ribs.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Fibrosarcoma: Fibrosarcoma is a malignant tumor derived from fibrous connective tissue and characterized by immature proliferating fibroblasts or undifferentiated anaplastic spindle cells.
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Frostbite: damage to skin, soft tissues and blood vessels due to extreme cold
- Gangrene: Death (necrosis) of a portion of tissue or entire organ due to decreased perfusion with blood or infectious destruction of tissue.
- Head injury: Any injury that occurs to the head
- Joint swelling: One or more swollen joints
- Lymphedema: Swelling of a region due to obstruction of lymphatic vessels
- Mastoiditis: Inflammation of a bone behind the ear
- Mycetoma: Mycetoma is a mass or growth caused by a fungal infection.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Osteosarcoma: Osteosarcoma is the most common type of malignant bone cancer, accounting for 35% of primary bone malignancies. There is a preference for the metaphyseal region of tubular long bones. 50% of cases occur around the knee.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pathological fracture: The occurrence of a fracture a bone of the body caused by a disease state
- Recurring airway infection:
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skin color changes: Skin changes such as redness, blueness, or whitening.
- Skin swelling: The occurrence of swelling that is located on the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Temperature symptoms: Abnormalities of body temperature including fever.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Local swelling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Local swelling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Local swelling or choose View All.
» Next page: Local tenderness
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: