Glossary for Low ACTH
Medical terms related to Low ACTH or mentioned in this section include:
- ACTH -- Teratogenic Agent: Experimental studies on mice indicate that the use of ACTH during pregnancy may cause various harmful effects on the fetus. The likelihood and severity of symptoms may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at. The effect on human fetuses has not been conclusively determined.
- Abnormal blood test symptoms: Abnormal results from diagnostic blood tests.
- Ameloblastoma: A congenital tumor of the pituitary gland. Also called craniopharyngioma, craniopharyngeal duct tumor, pituitary adamantinoma or Rathke's pouch tumor.
- Amenorrhea: Absence of menstrual periods.
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- Delayed puberty: A lack of sexual maturation in an adolescent at an age significantly higher than the average age that child of that epidemiology attains puberty.
- Early puberty: Early puberty refers to an premature onset of the physical changes in the body that signal readiness for reproduction.
- Endocrine symptoms: Symptoms affecting the endocrine system such as hormones.
- Excess growth hormone: A high growth hormone is when the body produces an excess amount of growth hormone
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Gonadal dysgenesis: The abnormal development of gonads which means that the sex hormones are not being produced. The gonads are the primary reproductive organs - testes in males and ovaries in females. These organs produced sperm and eggs as well as sex hormones - testes produce the male hormone called testosterone and ovaries produce the female hormone called estrogen. Abnormal gonad development and hence lack of sex hormones can affect sexual differentiation between males and females and puberty may be delayed or fail to occur altogether.
- Pituitary Cancer: Cancer of the pituitary gland.
- Primary amenorrhea in children: Primary amenorrhea in children refers to a girl in whom menstruation has not begun by the age of 16 when she has maturing of other sexual characteristics, such as breast development.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Low ACTH:
The following list of conditions
have 'Low ACTH' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Low ACTH or choose View All.
» Next page: Low albumin
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: