Glossary for Low white blood cell count
Medical terms related to Low white blood cell count or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Abnormal blood test symptoms: Abnormal results from diagnostic blood tests.
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Blood conditions: Conditions that affect the blood
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome: An inherited immune system disorder resulting in frequent infections, lack of skin and eye pigmentation, neurological diseases and early death.
- Cutler Syndrome: A rare disorder characterized by multisystem disorders including muscle wasting, ataxia, epilepsy, anemia and kidney disease. The kidney disease is most likely present at birth.
- Darier Disease: A slowly progressing inherited skin disorder characterized by small brownish warty bumps and nail abnormalities. The skin disorder because the skin cells are not held together properly.
- Epstein-Barr virus: Common virus causing mononucleosis
- Felty syndrome: A rare complication of long-term rheumatoid arthritis which involves an enlarged spleen and blood abnormalities.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Hairy cell leukemia: A chronic leukemia which causes an excess of abnormal mononuclear cells which appear hair like under microscopy
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hypersplenism: A condition which is characterized by the exaggeration of blood degrading function of the spleen
- Leishmaniasis: A rare infectious disease caused by any of a number of parasitic Leishmania species. Infection can cause any of three different manifestations: cutaneous leishmaniasis, mucosal leishmaniasis and visceral leishmaniasis.
- Malaria: A parasitic disease transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Myelodysplastic syndromes: A group of syndromes characterized by a disruption in the production of blood cells. Often the bone marrow increases production of various blood cells but because many of them are defective, they are destroyed before the reach the blood stream.
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A condition which is any neoplastic disorder of the lymphoid tissue
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, during pregnancy: A cancer that originates in the lymphatic system and occurs during pregnancy. The greatest problem is the fact that the cancer is usually quite aggressive and delays in delivery often results in delayed treatment and a poor prognosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Septicemia: A systemic inflammatory response to an infection.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Swollen spleen: Swelling or enlargement of the spleen
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Typhoid fever: Fever from bacterial food poisoning.
- Viral diseases: Any disease that is caused by a virus
- White blood cell symptoms: Symptoms affecting the white blood cells in the blood.
- Whitening: Whitening or reduced coloring of the skin
- Wilson's disease: Wilson disease, or hepatolenticular degeneration, is a neurodegenerative disease of copper metabolism.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Low white blood cell count:
The following list of conditions
have 'Low white blood cell count' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Low white blood cell count or choose View All.
» Next page: Low White Cells
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: