Glossary for Lower gastrointestinal bleeding in children
Medical terms related to Lower gastrointestinal bleeding in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Anal fissure: A painful ulcer linear to the margin of the anus
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Bloody stool: Blood appearing in the stool.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Coagulopathy: A disorder of the blood where it fails to clot normally.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Familial polyposis -- classical: An inherited condition where polyps develop in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. The polyps are initially benign but may become malignant if untreated.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: Bleeding in any part of the digestive tract
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Medical disorders of the gastrointestinal system, from entry to exit in the digestive system.
- Hemorrhoids: A condition characterized by the prolapse of an anal cushion that may result in bleeding and pain
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura: A form of vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation) that affects blood capillaries and affects mostly the skin, kidneys, joints and stomach.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Intestinal polyp:
- Intussusception: intussusception is the sliding of one part of the intestine into another
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Necrotizing enterocolitis: A rare disease that is tends to occur in premature infants and involves inflammation and destruction of gastrointestinal tissue. It usually occurs within weeks of birth - often after the start of milk feeding. The condition can be extremely serious and even fatal.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome: A hereditary disorder involving the presence of numerous polyps in the lining of the small intestine and pigmentation around the lips, inside the mouth and on the palms and soles.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Lower gastrointestinal bleeding in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Lower gastrointestinal bleeding in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Lower gastrointestinal bleeding in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Lower half headache
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: