Glossary for Masculinizing disorders causing preococious puberty in girls
Medical terms related to Masculinizing disorders causing preococious puberty in girls or mentioned in this section include:
- 3-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase deficiency: A rare condition where the deficiency of a particular enzyme (3-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase) results in reduced levels of adrenal hormones - mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids and sex steroids. The condition results in variable degrees of salt wasting and abnormal sexual organ development depending on the level of deficiency.
- Adrenal Cancer: A malignant cancer that develops in the adrenal gland. The tumor may be nonfunctioning (does not produce hormones) or functioning in which case excessive levels of hormones can cause a variety of symptoms depending on which hormone is involved. Adrenal hormones made in the cortex (outer part of the gland) are aldosterone, corticosteroids and androgenic steroids. Adrenalin and noradrenalin are the hormones made in the medulla (central part of the adrenal gland).
- Adrenal gland symptoms: Symptoms affecting the adrenal glands
- Adrenal hyperplasia, congenital, due to 11-Beta-hydroxylase deficiency: A rare form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia characterized by a deficiency of 11-Beta-hydroxylase which results in excess androgen production and hypertension. The disorder can occur in virilizing, hypertensive and salt-wasting forms and symptoms may range from mild to severe.
- Amenorrhea: Absence of menstrual periods.
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: A condition where excessive secretion of adrenocortical androgens cause a somatic masculization or ?virilization? effect on a fetus or baby. Symptoms in girls may include masculization of sex organs, low voice, acne, amenorrhea and masculine hair distribution and muscle growth. Symptoms in boys include enlarged penis, small testes. Children with the condition are usually taller than average but develop into short adults. Also called adrenogenital syndrome or adrenal virilism.
- Early puberty: Early puberty refers to an premature onset of the physical changes in the body that signal readiness for reproduction.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Female genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female genital organs.
- Ovarian Cancer: A condition which is characterized by a malignancy that is located in the ovary
- Puberty symptoms: Symptoms related to puberty in adolescence.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Masculinizing disorders causing preococious puberty in girls:
The following list of conditions
have 'Masculinizing disorders causing preococious puberty in girls' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Masculinizing disorders causing preococious puberty in girls or choose View All.