Glossary for Mental dullness
Medical terms related to Mental dullness or mentioned in this section include:
- Adjustment Disorder: This is a maladaptive reaction to identifiable stress
- Alzheimer's disease: A progressive degenerative disease of the brain of unknown cause
- Anorexia Nervosa: A disorder where a distorted sense of body image leads to self-starvation to the point of death in some cases.
- Arnold-Chiari malformation type 2: A rare malformation where the base of the brain enters into the upper spinal canal. The extent of the deformity is greater in type 2 than type 1 and hence the symptoms are more severe and are often associated with a myelomeningocele (opening of the spine and spinal cord).
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Bipolar disorder: Cycles of mania and depression; commonly called "manic-depression".
- Brain abscess: abscess in the brain may involve any of the lobes of the brain
- Bulimia nervosa: Eating disorder with binging (overeating) and purging (vomiting).
- Cerebral Palsy: Any brain disorder causing movement disability
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Decreased mental acuity: A decrease in ones perception of what is happening around them
- Depressive symptoms: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Developmental problems: Physical or mental development difficulty.
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hepatic encephalopathy: Caused by marked liver disease that results in disturbances of consciousness
- Infant symptoms: Symptoms affecting babies and infants.
- Loss of interest: The loss of ones interest in something
- Major depressive disorder: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of a major episode of depression
- Mental health conditions: Medical conditions related to mental health, emotions, behavior, personality, psychology, psychiatry, and so on.
- Mental problems: Symptoms affecting judgement, thought or intelligence.
- Mental retardation: Reduced mental ability or intelligence.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Myxedema: The most severe form of hypothyroidism characterized by swelling of extremities and face.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Parkinson's Disease: Degenerative brain condition characterised by tremor.
- Perphenazine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Pentazocine during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Schizoaffective disorder: A psychiatric condition in which symptoms of a mood disorder occur with prominent psychotic symptoms
- Summer affective disorder: Seasonal affective disorder is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, repeatedly, year after year.
- Sylvester (P.E.) syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized by deafness, eye problems and Friedreich ataxia which causes progressive nervous system damage resulting in muscle and neurological symptoms.
- Yager-Young syndrome: The false belief by a patient that they have low blood sugar because of the symptoms they are experiencing.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Mental dullness:
The following list of conditions
have 'Mental dullness' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Mental dullness or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Mental dullness:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Mental dullness'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Mental problems
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: