Glossary for Metabolic deterioration
Medical terms related to Metabolic deterioration or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acidosis: The accumulation of hydrogen ions or the depletion of the alkaline reserve in the body.
- Amyloidosis: A disease characterized by the accumulation of insoluble amyloid protein in tissues and organs which in turn affects the functioning of these tissues and organs.
- Arrhythmias: The occurrence of irregular heart beats
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Central pontine myelinolysis: A rare condition where the protective layer around brainstem nerve cells is destroyed which prevents nerve signals being transmitted properly. It generally occurs in response to a rapid change in sodium levels in the body which can be caused by treatment of various conditions or by various conditions that cause rapid sodium level changes.
- Chronic renal failure: Long-term and generally irreversible disease of the kidneys due to infection, obstruction, congenital diseases or generalised diseases causing failure of the kidneys' normal functions.
- Coma: Loss of consciousness for a long period
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Farber's disease: A rare inherited biochemical disorder involving the deficiency of an enzyme called ceramidase resulting in the harmful accumulation of certain chemicals in the body which causes damage and inflammation.
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency: A rare enzyme abnormality involving a deficiency of the glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase which causes premature destruction of red blood cells. The excessive destruction of red blood cells can be triggered by certain infections or drugs or by eating fava beans.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Ketoacidosis: A condition which is characterized by acidosis and the accumulation of ketone bodies in the body
- Lactic acidosis: A condition which is characterized by the occurance of a metabolic acidosis due to the accumulation of lactic acid
- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome: Inherited biochemical disorder of purine metabolism caused by the virtual absence of an enzyme called hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase or HPRT.
- Lethargy: feeling of tiredness
- Low blood pressure: Low blood pressure refers to blood pressure that is lower than the range that is considered normal. This may or may not cause symptoms and a person with low blood pressure may be catastrophically unwell, or perfectly well depending on the cause. Blood pressure refers to the pressure of the blood circulating through the blood vessels.
- Metabolic derangement: a metabolic disorder or derangement occurs when abnormal chemical reactions in your body disrupt this process
- Metabolic disorder: occurs when abnormal chemical reactions occur in the body
- Metabolic symptoms: Symptoms affecting the metabolic system.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mucopolysaccharidoses: A lysosomal storage disorder that is caused by a deficiency of the ability to metabolise glycosaminoglycans
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pompe disease: A rare inherited biochemical disorder where insufficient maltase acid results in accumulation of glycogen. The condition is often fatal in infants, causes mental retardation, hypotonia and a short life in children and progressive muscle weakness in adults. Also called glycogen storage disease type II.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Seizures: Uncontrolled physical movements
- Stupor: Mental sub-responsiveness not as severe as coma
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
- Ventricular tachycardia: A condition which is characterized by a fast heart beat originates from the ventricles
- Wolman disease: A rare inherited lipid storage disease. The condition usually results in death early in life.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Metabolic deterioration:
The following list of conditions
have 'Metabolic deterioration' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Metabolic deterioration or choose View All.
» Next page: Metabolic disorder
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: