Glossary for Mild colitis-like symptoms
Medical terms related to Mild colitis-like symptoms or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute colitis-like symptoms: colitis has both an autoimmune and inflammatory etiology. Related symptoms include dysentery, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and easy fatiguability
- Amoebiasis: An infectious disease caused by a free-living amoebic parasite called Entamoeba histolytica. The organism infects the bowel and causes gastroenteritis. Infection occurs through ingesting contaminated food or water. It is more common in countries with poor sanitation. The incubation period may last from days to weeks before symptoms appear.
- Bowel problems: Symptoms affecting the bowel
- Campylobacter food poisoning: Common bacterial infection usually from chicken.
- Cholera: An acute bacterial disease transmitted through food or water contaminated with human faeces. The intestinal infection is caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae.
- Colitis: Inflammation of the colon
- Colitis-like symptoms: colitis has both an autoimmune and inflammatory etiology. Related symptoms include dysentery, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and easy fatiguability
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Diarrhea: Loose, soft, or watery stool.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dysentery: severe diarrhoea with passage of blood and mucus
- Salmonella food poisoning: Common type of food poisoning.
- Shigellosis: An infectious disease which affects the intestinal tract and is caused by the Shigella bacteria. The condition may be severe, especially in children, but may be asymptomatic in some cases. The disease can be transmitted through fecal-oral contact.
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
- Yersiniosis: A condition which is characterized by infectious diarrhea, enteritis, ileitis and occasionally septicaemia
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Mild colitis-like symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Mild colitis-like symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Mild colitis-like symptoms or choose View All.