Glossary for Mouth infections
Medical terms related to Mouth infections or mentioned in this section include:
- Agranulocytosis: Extremely low level of white blood cells (basophils, eosinophils and neutrophils).
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Candida: Fungal infection often called thrush
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Dental conditions: Conditions that affect ones dentition
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Functioning pancreatic endocrine tumor: Tumors that develop in the pancreas and cause excessive secretion of one or more pancreatic hormones such as insulin, somatostatin, glucagons, gastrin, ACTH (corticosteroids) and vasoactive intestinal peptidase.
- Genital herpes: Sexually transmitted infection of the genital region.
- Gingivitis: Inflammation of the gums
- Glucagonoma syndrome: A rare condition characterized by a tumor which secretes glucagon and a characteristic spreading rash, diabetes mellitus and various other symptoms.
- Gonorrhea: Common sexually transmitted disease often without symptoms.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease: Common contagious viral infant or child condition
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- LADD Syndrome: A very rare genetic disorder characterized by ear, teeth and tear duct abnormalities.
- Lacrimoauriculodentodigital syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by ear, teeth and tear duct abnormalities.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Megaloblastic anemia: Megaloblastic anemia, also called pernicious anemia, is a condition in which there is a low number of red blood cells most often caused by a lack of vitamin B12.
- Mouth conditions: Any condition that affects the mouth
- Mouth infection: Any infection that occurs in ones mouth
- Mouth inflammation: Any inflammation that occurs in ones mouth
- Mouth pain: Pain or burning of the mouth
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mouth ulcers: Ulcers or sores in the mouth region.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Nezelof's syndrome: An immune deficiency disorder where the cells that normally fight infection don't work properly and patients suffer frequent severe infections.
- Noma: A gangrenous mouth infection that spreads to include the face.
- Non-Specific Urethritis: Urethral infection usually sexually transmitted
- Oral candidiasis: An infection with the fungus candida which occurs in the mouth
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- SCID: Major failure of the immune system, usually genetic.
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Autoimmune disease damaging the eye tear ducts and other glands.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sore tongue: Pain or soreness of the tongue
- Stomatitis: Inflammation of the oral mucous membranes.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Throat infection: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the throat
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Tingling mouth: Tingling or strange sensations in the mouth
- Tingling tongue: Tingling or odd sensations of the tongue
- Tongue ulcers: Ulcers that appear on the tongue
- Tropical sprue: A rare digestive disease where the small intestine can't absorb nutrients properly.
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Mouth infections:
The following list of conditions
have 'Mouth infections' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Mouth infections or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Mouth infections:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Mouth infections'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: