Glossary for Nail Ridges
Medical terms related to Nail Ridges or mentioned in this section include:
- Alopecia Areata: A condition where hair loss occurs in patches for unknown reasons. Although the condition often disappears within a year, it often reoccurs.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Brittle nails: thinning of the nail plate
- Darier Disease: A slowly progressing inherited skin disorder characterized by small brownish warty bumps and nail abnormalities. The skin disorder because the skin cells are not held together properly.
- Darier disease: A slowly progressing inherited skin disorder characterized by small brownish warty bumps and nail abnormalities. The skin disorder because the skin cells are not held together properly.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Fingernail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Graft-versus-host disease: A disease characterised by an immune response as a result of a transplantation or transfusion resulting in a widespread systemic inflammatory response
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Human carcinogen -- Arsenic: Arsenic is deemed to be carcinogenic to humans. The carcinogenicity of the substance may be influenced by the nature (e.g. inhalation, ingestion, skin contact), duration and level of exposure.
- Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis: A condition which is characterized by proliferation of Langerhans cells
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Lichen planus: Skin rash
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Nail conditions: Any condition that affects the nail
- Nail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails or toenails
- Peripheral vascular disease: Disease of arteries supplying the legs or sometimes arms
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Raynaud's disease: It is a reversible ischemia of the peripheral arterioles. It is a painful sensation affecting the fingers and toes associated with whitening or redness
- Raynaud's phenomenon: A condition where the body extremities sweat and turn blue and cold. Exposure to cold, emotional stress and smoking may trigger the condition. Also known as acrocyanosis.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Toe symptoms: Symptoms affecting the toes
- Toenail symptoms: Symptoms of the nails on the toes
- Yellow nail syndrome: A rare nail condition characterized by thickened yellow nails as well as swelling of parts of the body due to lymphatic drainage problems resulting from blocked or damaged lymphatic system.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Nail Ridges:
The following list of conditions
have 'Nail Ridges' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Nail Ridges or choose View All.
» Next page: Nail sensitive
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: