Glossary for Neurological disorder
Medical terms related to Neurological disorder or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Alcohol use: Use of alcohol (as a symptom)
- Alzheimer's disease: A progressive degenerative disease of the brain of unknown cause
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: A degenerative motor neuron disease marked by weakness and wasting of the muscles which starts at the hands and legs and spreads to the rest of the body. Death occurs in 2 to 5 years. Also called Lou Gehrig's disease or wasting palsy.
- Aneurysm: Swelling or ballooning of part of an artery
- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome: Common movement disorder manifesting in a fine (fast) tremor; it is an inherited condition of unknown cause.
- Brain abscess: abscess in the brain may involve any of the lobes of the brain
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Dementia: Mental confusion and impaired thought.
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Diabetic neuropathy: nerve damage which maybe motor, sensory and autonomic
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An inherited degenerative disease of the muscles which progresses rapidly compared to other muscle wasting diseases.
- Eaton Lambert syndrome: is a rare disorder of neuromuscular transmission
- Encephalitis: Infection of the brain (as a symptom)
- Epilepsy: Paroxysmal transient disturbances of brain function that may manifest as loss of consciousness, abnormal motor phenomena
- Extradural hematoma: Bleeding in the skull outside the brain
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: An acute condition which is characterized by polyradiculoneuropathy that affects the peripheral nervous system
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Huntington's disease: Inherited disease causing progressive mental deterioration.
- Infantile Spasms: A condition which is characterized by brief muscular spasms in infants
- Meningitis: Infection of the membrane around the brain (as a symptom)
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Multiple Sclerosis: Autoimmune attack on spinal nerves causing diverse and varying neural problems.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Muscle weakness: Weakness of the muscles or loss of tone
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Myasthenia Gravis: An autoimmune disorder which interferes with nerve impulses to muscles and hence results in weak, easily fatigued muscles.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Parkinson's Disease: Degenerative brain condition characterised by tremor.
- Poliomyelitis: Dangerous virus now rare due to vaccination.
- Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis: A progressive neurological disorder involving inflammation of the brain caused by a complication of the measles virus. It can occur up to 10 years after the initial measles virus and may be due to a defective immune response to the virus or a reactivation of the virus.
- Subdural hematoma: A condition which is characterized by a blood clot beneath the dura mater
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Neurological disorder:
The following list of conditions
have 'Neurological disorder' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Neurological disorder or choose View All.