Glossary for Off and on shortness of breath occurs at night and is relieved by sitting upright
Medical terms related to Off and on shortness of breath occurs at night and is relieved by sitting upright or mentioned in this section include:
- Acute wheezing worse when lying down: also known as orthopnea is the dyspnoea which occurs on lying down and is relieved on sitting up
- Aortic stenosis: A condition which affects the aortic valve of the heart resulting in stenosis of the valve.
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Atrioventricular Septal Defects: Defect in the wall between the atrium and ventricle.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing difficulties: Various types of breathing difficulty (dyspnea).
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Chronic bronchitis: A condition which is characterized by the chronic inflammation of ones or more of the bronchi
- Collapse: Physical or mental process shutdown
- Congenital heart disease: Diseases of the heart that one is born with
- Congestive heart failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Connective tissue disorders: Any condition affecting connective tissues.
- Cor Triatriatum: A rare congenital malformation where the heart has three atria instead of the normal two due to the presence of a separating membrane.
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is defined as an abnormal, permanent enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles accompanied by destruction of their walls and without obvious fibrosis.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fibrosing alveolitis: A condition characterized by abnormalities in the fibrous tissues between lung alveoli which results in inflammation.
- Floppy larynx: Floppy larynx is a soft or weak voicebox.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Heart valve disorder:
- Heartburn: Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced behind the breastbone in the upper chest due to regurgitation of stomach contents.
- Hypovolemia: a state of decreased blood volume; more specifically, decrease in volume of blood plasma
- Left heart failure: Failure of the left side of the heart
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Lung cancer: Lung cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. This growth may lead to metastasis, which is the invasion of adjacent tissue and infiltration beyond the lungs. Most lung tumors are malignant.
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Marfan's syndrome: A genetic connective tissue disorder involving a defect of chromosome 15q21.1 which affects the production of the fibrillin needed to make connective tissue.
- Mitral stenosis: Narrowing of the mitral heart valve
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Nocturnal symptoms: Symptoms related to sleeping or other nocturnal issues.
- Panic attack: A condition which is characterized by an acute episode of intense anxiety
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Polycystic liver disease: A rare inherited disorder involving the formation of numerous cysts in the liver.
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Respiratory failure: A condition which is due to marked impairment of respiratory function
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Septic shock: serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis, though the microbe may be systemic or localized to a particular site
- Short stature: Smallness or shortness of stature.
- Shortness of breath: The feeling of being short of breath
- Sick: Feeling ill or off color
- Sleep apnea: A condition which is characterized by transient attacks of apnea that usually occur during ones sleep
- Superior vena cava syndrome: A condition caused by compression or obstruction to the normal circulation of the superior vena cava which carries deoxygenated blood from the body tissues back to the heart.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Off and on shortness of breath occurs at night and is relieved by sitting upright:
The following list of conditions
have 'Off and on shortness of breath occurs at night and is relieved by sitting upright' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Off and on shortness of breath occurs at night and is relieved by sitting upright or choose View All.