Glossary for Painful intercourse
Medical terms related to Painful intercourse or mentioned in this section include:
- Acute (or transient) urinary incontinence: Acute (or Transient) Incontinence is caused by a new or recent medical problem that can be treated.
- Allen-Masters syndrome: Damage to muscle layers in the pelvis which allows the abnormally increased movement of the cervix. It often occurs after a traumatic surgical birth, induced abortion or excessive vaginal packing.
- Allergies: Immune system over-reaction to various substances.
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Type of vaginitis usually related to aging and menopause
- Autoimmune Endometriosis: An endometriosis that is caused by an autoimmune reaction
- Autoimmune Interstitial Cystitis: Interstitial cystitis caused by an autoimmune reaction
- Bartholin's cyst: Cyst in a small vaginal gland
- Bleeding after sex: Vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Breast Feeding: Nursing an infant with breast milk.
- Cervical Cancer: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of malignancy on the cervix
- Cervical cancer: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of malignancy on the cervix
- Cervicitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the cervix
- Chancroid: An sexually transmitted disease caused by the Haemophilus ducreyi bacteria and is characterized by painful genital ulceration.
- Chronic interstitial cystitis:
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Cystitis: Bladder infection or inflammation
- Diverticulitis: diverticulitis is inflammation of an abnormal pouch(diverticulum) in the intestinal wall. These pouches are usually found in the large intestine
- Dysmenorrhea: Excessive menstrual-like cramping pain
- Dyspareunia: Painful sexual intercourse
- Ectopic pregnancy: The occurrence of a pregnancy outside that of the uterus
- Ehlers danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Endometrial Cancer: Cancer of the endometrium (uterus lining).
- Endometrial conditions: Conditions that affect the female endometrium that is located in the uterus
- Endometriosis: Misplaced uterus tissue causing scar tissue.
- Fallopian tube symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female fallopian tubes
- Female genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female genital organs.
- Female infertility: A condition characterized by the inability of a female to become pregnant
- Female reproductive symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female reproductive organs.
- Female sexual conditions: Sexual conditions that affect the female
- Female sexual symptoms: Symptoms of the female sexual organs.
- Fibroids: Benign nodules in the uterus wall.
- Genital herpes: Sexually transmitted infection of the genital region.
- Genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sex organs.
- Genital system cancer: A malignancy that affects the genital system
- Genital warts: Skin warts in the genital regions.
- Gulf War syndrome: Syndrome in military veterans of the Gulf war
- Gynaecological conditions: Any condition the affects the female reproductive organs
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hemorrhoids: A condition characterized by the prolapse of an anal cushion that may result in bleeding and pain
- Intercourse symptoms: Symptoms related to the act of sexual intercourse.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A chronic non inflammatory disease with a psychophysiologic basis
- Lichen sclerosis: Disease causing leathery or dry skin in genital areas.
- Lichen sclerosis et atrophicus: A chronic skin disease characterized by shiny, white atrophic skin patches which tend to occur on the neck, genital areas, around the anus, under the breasts and in body folds.
- Menopause: End of female reproductive years
- Mens health symptoms: Symptoms closely related to men's health.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Nipple discharge: Discharge of fluid or milk from one or both breasts
- Non-Specific Urethritis: Urethral infection usually sexually transmitted
- Ovarian Cancer: A condition which is characterized by a malignancy that is located in the ovary
- Ovarian cancer: A condition which is characterized by a malignancy that is located in the ovary
- Ovarian cyst: A cyst which is located in the ovary
- Ovarian cysts: Cysts which are located in the ovaries
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Painful erection: Penis pain occurring from an erection
- Painful intercourse in pregnancy: Painful intercourse in pregnancy is pain or discomfort in the region of the vagina and pelvis, occurring during intercourse whilst pregnant.
- Painful sexual intercourse: The experience of pain whilst having sexual intercourse
- Painful urination: Painful urination refers to discomfort while urinating.
- Pelvic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the pelvis due to infection.
- Pelvic disorders: disorders of the organs in the pelvis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the upper female genital tract
- Penile rash: Rash occurring on the penis
- Penis pain: Pain experienced within or on the skin of the penis.
- Perimenopause: The start of onset of menopause
- Peritonitis: Inflammation of the peritoneum.
- Peyronie's disease: Hard lump on the penis often causing bending.
- Pregnancy: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Prostatitis: Inflammation of the prostate
- Renal nutcracker syndrome: A rare condition where the left renal vein becomes compressed between the abdominal aorta and the superior mesenteric artery. Symptoms usually don't become obvious until the third or fourth decade. The severity of the disorder is variable.
- Retroverted uterus: The tipping back in the position of the uterus in the female pelvis
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Sexual pain: Pain affecting the sexual organs or systems.
- Sexual symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sexual organs
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Autoimmune disease damaging the eye tear ducts and other glands.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Stress incontinence: The occurrence of incontinence when the bladder is under stress
- Testicle disorders: Any condition that affects the testicles
- Trichomoniasis: Sexually transmitted parasitic infection.
- Urethral cancer: A rare cancer that develops in the urethra which carries urine from the bladder to be excreted.
- Urethritis: Any infection or inflammation that occurs to the urethra
- Urinary incontinence: Inability to fully control urination.
- Uterine Cancer: Cancer of the uterus.
- Uterine fibroids: Benign nodules in the uterus wall.
- Uterine leiomyoma: A condition which is characterized by a benign tumour of the uterus derived from smooth muscle
- Uterine prolapse: Prolapse of the uterus into the wrong position
- Uterine sarcoma: A rare type of cancer that occurs in the uterus or associated tissues. A sarcoma is a cancer that involves soft tissue and connective tissue such as bone, cartilage, fat, muscle and blood vessels.
- Vagina cancer: Cancer of the vagina.
- Vagina conditions: Any condition that affects the female vagina
- Vaginal Dryness: Lack of adequate vaginal lubrication.
- Vaginal candidiasis: Fungal infection of the vagina, sometimes called thrush.
- Vaginal dryness: Lack of adequate vaginal lubrication.
- Vaginal pain: Pain affecting the vagina
- Vaginal symptoms: Symptoms related to the vagina
- Vaginismus: Vaginal entrance muscle spasms triggered by sex
- Vaginitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to the vagina
- Virilising ovarian tumour: A tumour that results in the virilization of females due to hormone release
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The inflammation of the opening of the vagina.
- Vulvitis: Any inflammation which occurs to the vulva
- Vulvodynia: painful or uncomfortable vulva (external female genitalia) from any cause
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
- XK aprosencephaly: An extremely rare condition where the forebrain is absent as well as other abnormalities.
- Yolk sack tumour: A germ cell tumour that is a proliferation of yolk sack endoderm
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Painful intercourse:
The following list of conditions
have 'Painful intercourse' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Painful intercourse or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Painful intercourse:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Painful intercourse'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
Nov 9, 2003
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: