Diagnostic Tests for Panic
Diagnostic Test list for Panic:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Panic
- Physical examination
- Look for signs of hyperthyroidism including agitation, restlessness, enlarged thyroid (goiter), warm and sweaty palms, fine tremor, protruding eyes
- Mental state examination - including appearance, behavior, rate and continuity of speech, mood, affect, thought content, evidence of any hallucinations or abnormal beliefs, orientation to time, place and person, attention and concentration, short-term memory, insight and judgement.
- Blood tests
- Cardiac enzymes and troponin levels can help diagnose heart attack which may be confused with anxiety and panic attacks
- Thyroid function test to diagnose hyperthyroidism which can masquerade as anxiety and panic
- Urine tests
- If suspect phaeochromocytoma, test for increased 24 hour urinary free catecholamines and increased urine metadrenalines and normetadrenaline
- Exercise tolerance test - may help diagnose angina, if diagnosis is uncertain.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Panic causes:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Home Drug Tests
- Smoking-Related Disorders: Home Testing:
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Panic:
The following list of conditions
have 'Panic' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Panic or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Panic:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Panic'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: