Glossary for Perineum pain
Medical terms related to Perineum pain or mentioned in this section include:
- Abscess: This is an area of puss collected in a cavity which is constituted by necrotised tissue
- Balanitis: Inflammation of the glans (or head) of the penis.
- Bladder symptoms: Symptoms related to the bladder and urination.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Candida: Fungal infection often called thrush
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Dermatitis: Inflammation of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Genital herpes: Sexually transmitted infection of the genital region.
- Genital warts: Skin warts in the genital regions.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Kerion celsi: A parasitic fungal skin infection that tends to occur mainly on the back of the neck, scalp or beard. It is caused by animal fungi. The condition resolves itself in a matter of weeks but hair loss in the affected area may be permanent.
- Lichen planus: Skin rash
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Perineum pain in pregnancy: Perineum pain in pregnancy is pain in the area between the vaginal opening and the anus.
- Perineum symptoms: Symptoms affecting the perineum region.
- Prostate Cancer: Cancer of the prostate.
- Prostatitis: Inflammation of the prostate
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Pudendal nerve entrapment: A condition where a nerve in the pelvis (pudendal nerve) becomes trapped or compressed. The problem can arise due to such things as pregnancy, postsurgical scarring and trauma but may also occur due to a birth malformation. Bicycle riding can also result in the condition.
- Renal calculi: A condition characterized the formation of a stone I the renal tract caused by deposition of urates and phosphates
- Scabies: Mite infection of the skin common in institutions.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Sexual symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sexual organs
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Temperature symptoms: Abnormalities of body temperature including fever.
- Urinary tract infection: Infection of the urinary tract
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Perineum pain:
The following list of conditions
have 'Perineum pain' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Perineum pain or choose View All.
» Next page: Perineum pain in pregnancy
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: