Glossary for Phalanges stiff
Medical terms related to Phalanges stiff or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cutis laxa: A connective tissue disorder which may be acquired or present at birth. It is characterized by slack or loose skin which may be thicker and darker than normal.
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Duputyren's contracture:
- Finger burning sensation: Abnormal burning sensations felt in the fingers.
- Finger stiff: Lack of ease or comfort in moving the fingers.
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Knuckle stiff: A feeling of restricted mobility. It is often caused by the overuse of a muscle and to be due to the build up of lactic acid.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Metacarpal stiff: Difficulty in flexing the hands.
- Metacarpophalangeal joint stiffness: A feeling of restricted mobility often caused by the overuse of a muscle and to be due to the build up of lactic acid.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Mucopolysaccharidoses: A lysosomal storage disorder that is caused by a deficiency of the ability to metabolise glycosaminoglycans
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nail stiff: Lacking ease or comfort of movement of the nails.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Raynaud's disease: It is a reversible ischemia of the peripheral arterioles. It is a painful sensation affecting the fingers and toes associated with whitening or redness
- Raynaud's phenomenon: A condition where the body extremities sweat and turn blue and cold. Exposure to cold, emotional stress and smoking may trigger the condition. Also known as acrocyanosis.
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Stiffness: Reduced mobility or movement
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Toe symptoms: Symptoms affecting the toes
- Trigger finger: Trigger finger is a type of stenosing tenosynovitis in which the sheath around a tendon in the thumb or finger becomes swollen, or a nodule forms on the tendon. The condition is very painful, especially when the locked digit snaps (releases) beyond the restriction by the use of increased force.
- Wegener's granulomatosis: A rare disease involving blood vessel inflammation which can affect the blood flow to various tissues and organs and hence cause damage. The respiratory system and the kidneys are the main systems affected.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Phalanges stiff:
The following list of conditions
have 'Phalanges stiff' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Phalanges stiff or choose View All.
» Next page: Phalanges swelling
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: