Diagnostic Tests for Posture symptoms
Diagnostic Test list for Posture symptoms:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Posture symptoms
- Physical examination
- Examine for any spinal deformity such as scoliosis (spine is curved to the side and sometimes twisted) or thoracic kyphosis (excessive front curvature of the upper thoracic spine)
- Examine for signs of Parkinson's disease such as lack of facial expression, bent over posture, few spontaneous movements, shuffling gait, lack of normal arm swinging with walking, pill-rolling tremor (where movement of the knuckles are combined with movements of the thumb), increase tone of limbs, monotonous speech
- Blood tests
- Full blood count and ESR
- Electrolytes and kidney function tests
- Arthritis screen depending on suspicion including Rheumatoid factor, ANA and ENA antibodies
- HLA B27 antigen test if suspect ankylosing spondylitis
- Urine tests
- Sputum sample if there is a productive cough - for acid fast bacilli (AFB) stain and culture to detect tuberculosis.
- Radiological investigations
- Bone densitometry can predict an increased risk of osteoporosis
- X-Ray of the entire spine, if suspect spinal deformity such as scoliosis or kyphosis
- Bone scan may help identify pathological fractures and ankylosing spondylitis
- Chest X-Ray if suspect tuberculosis of the spine, emphysema or lung cancer that may have spread to the bones of the spine
- Tuberculin (Mantoux) skin test - may diagnose tuberculosis, but misleading if previous BCG vaccination.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Posture symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Posture symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Posture symptoms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Posture symptoms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Posture symptoms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: