Glossary for Priapism due to blood dyscrasias
Medical terms related to Priapism due to blood dyscrasias or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Abnormal blood test symptoms: Abnormal results from diagnostic blood tests.
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Blood conditions: Conditions that affect the blood
- Blood in urine: Hematuria is blood in the urine.
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Priapism: Sustained erection that lasts longer than 4 hours.
- Sickle Cell Anemia: Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder characterized by red blood cells which are crescent-shaped rather than the normal doughnut shape. These abnormally shaped red blood cells are unable to function normally and tend to undergo premature destruction which leads to anemia. If the genetic defect which causes the condition is inherited from both parents the condition can be quite severe whereas if it is inherited from only one parent, often there are no symptoms. The abnormally shaped red blood cells can cause problems when they clump together and block blood vessels.
- Thalassemia: Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder characterized by abnormal synthesis of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin consists of two main protein chains called alpha and beta. There are two subtypes of the disorder (alpha and beta) depending on what portion of the hemoglobin is abnormally synthesized. Each of these subtypes can be further classified depending on the number of thalassemia genes involved. A total of four genes is needed to make each ? protein chains and two genes are needed to make each ? chain. The main symptom is anemia, the severity of which can vary amongst patients depending on how many defective genes are involved.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Priapism due to blood dyscrasias:
The following list of conditions
have 'Priapism due to blood dyscrasias' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Priapism due to blood dyscrasias or choose View All.
» Next page: Priapism due to medications
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: