Glossary for Proctitis
Medical terms related to Proctitis or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Allergies: Immune system over-reaction to various substances.
- Anal itching: Itching near or around the anus
- Anal pain: A sensation of pain that is located in the region of the anus
- Anal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the anus.
- Bacterial diseases: Diseases caused by a bacterial infection
- Behcet's Disease: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Behcet's syndrome: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Chlamydia: Common sexually transmitted disease often without symptoms.
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Diarrhea: Loose, soft, or watery stool.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Entamoeba histolytica: Parasitic digestive infection.
- Herbal Agent adverse reaction -- Ginkgo biloba: Ginkgo biloba can be used as a herbal agent to treat conditions such as tinnitus, brain trauma, vertigo, blood vessel diseases and any other problems which benefit from the blood vessel dilating action of the herbal agent. Ginkgo biloba can cause adverse reactions in some people.
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Non-Specific Urethritis: Urethral infection usually sexually transmitted
- Radiation sickness: Illness from radiation exposure or cancer radiotherapy.
- Rectal bleeding: Bleeding from the anus or rectum.
- Rectal infection: An infection of the rectum - bacteria are the usual pathogens.
- Rectal inflammation: Usually occurs due to infection of the rectum
- Rectum symptoms: Symptoms affecting the rectum at the end of the digestive tract.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Various diseases spread by sexual contact.
- Shigellosis: An infectious disease which affects the intestinal tract and is caused by the Shigella bacteria. The condition may be severe, especially in children, but may be asymptomatic in some cases. The disease can be transmitted through fecal-oral contact.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Trichomoniasis: Sexually transmitted parasitic infection.
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Proctitis:
The following list of conditions
have 'Proctitis' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Proctitis or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Proctitis:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Proctitis'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: