Glossary for Pulmonary disorders
Medical terms related to Pulmonary disorders or mentioned in this section include:
- ARDS: Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome, Infant: A breathing disorder that occurs in infants. The underdeveloped lungs fail to functioning adequately and the body becomes deprived of oxygen. The condition is more likely to affect premature infants and the greater the prematurity, the greater the risk.
- Asbestosis: Lung condition from asbestos exposure
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Bagassosis: Inhalation of sugarcane dust particles in an occupational setting can cause various lung symptoms. The severity of symptoms varies depending on the duration of the exposure. The lung symptoms result from the body's immune system reacting to exposure to the sugarcane dust particles. Chronic exposure can lead to progressive lung symptoms which can gradually lead to symptoms such as weight loss and eventually lung scarring and possibly even respiratory failure in severe cases. Acute exposure results in symptoms such as fever, chills, shortness of breath and body aches.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Bronchiolitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the bronchioles
- Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi as a symptom
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Chest symptoms: Symptoms affecting the chest region.
- Chest trauma: injury to the chest
- Collapse: Physical or mental process shutdown
- Cough: Any type of coughing symptom.
- Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease affecting the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines, causing progressive disability due to multisystem failure.
- Exercise symptoms: Symptoms related to or triggered by exercise
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fibrosis: The formation of fibrous tissue
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Meconium aspiration syndrome: A condition that occurs when an infant suffers respiratory distress following birth due to the presence of meconium in the amniotic fluid.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Pericarditis: Inflammation of the pericardium that surrounds the heart
- Pneumoconiosis: A group of lung diseases caused by inhaling dust.
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pneumothorax: pneumothorax is the collection of air in the space around the lungs and chest wall
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Pulmonary embolism: The occurrence of an embolism which blocks blood vessels in the lungs
- Pulmonary hypertension: The occurrence of hypertension the blood vessels of the lungs
- Respiratory failure: A condition which is due to marked impairment of respiratory function
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Silicosis: An occupation lung disease caused by breathing in silica dust.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Tietz syndrome: Tietz syndrome is a relatively rare condition characterized by deafness and albinism. It should not be confused with the similarly named Tietz's syndrome which involves inflammation of chest cartilage.
- Tietze's syndrome: Inflammation and swelling of the cartilage that joins the ribs to the breast bone.
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Tumor: Abnormal tissue growth which may be malignant or benign.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Pulmonary disorders:
The following list of conditions
have 'Pulmonary disorders' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Pulmonary disorders or choose View All.
» Next page: Pulmonary edema
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: