Glossary for Red spots of the palms of hands and soles of feet
Medical terms related to Red spots of the palms of hands and soles of feet or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Bacterial diseases: Diseases caused by a bacterial infection
- Brain tumor: A condition which is characterized by the abnormal growth of tissue within the brain
- Bruyn-Scheltens syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized by limb weakness and muscle wasting in the hands and feet.
- Cirrhosis of liver: diffuse hepatic process characterized by fibrosis and the conversion of normal liver architecture into structurally abnormal nodules
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Emery-Nelson syndrome: A rare condition characterized by a flat face and hand and foot abnormalities.
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Janeway lesions: erythematous, irregular, painless macules present on the palms, soles, thenar eminence and plantar surface of the toes
- Kawasaki disease: A childhood illness that generally affects the skin, mouth and lymph nodes.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Palm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the palm of the hand.
- Portal hypertension: Portal hypertension is a condition in which the blood pressure is abnormally high in the portal vein system, which carries blood from the digestive organs to the liver.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Red spots: Red spots on the skin
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Secondary syphilis: A condition which is characterized by fever, multiform skin eruptions, iritis, alopecia, mucous patches and severe pain in the head and joints
- Shoulder-hand syndrome: also known as Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a chronic pain condition that mainly affects the arms and legs
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sole symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sole of the foot.
- Spots: The occurrence of spots
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Telangiectasia: A cluster of dilated blood vessels on the skin's surface.
- Thyrotoxicosis: hypermetabolic clinical syndrome resulting from serum elevations in thyroid hormone levels, specifically free thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), or both.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Red spots of the palms of hands and soles of feet:
The following list of conditions
have 'Red spots of the palms of hands and soles of feet' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Red spots of the palms of hands and soles of feet or choose View All.