Glossary for Scleritis
Medical terms related to Scleritis or mentioned in this section include:
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Eye symptoms: Symptoms affecting the eye
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Polyarteritis nodosa: A serious blood vessel disease where small and medium-sized arteries become swollen and damaged and are unable to adequately supply oxygenated blood to various tissues in the body. The disease can occur in a mild form or a serious, rapidly fatal form.
- Polychondritis: A serious, progressive, episodic condition characterized by inflammation and degeneration of cartilage in the body. The duration and severity of the episodes can vary.
- Relapsing Polychondritis: A chronic disease that affects multiple joints resulting in inflammation and degeneration
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Vasculitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to blood vessels
- Wegener's granulomatosis: A rare disease involving blood vessel inflammation which can affect the blood flow to various tissues and organs and hence cause damage. The respiratory system and the kidneys are the main systems affected.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Scleritis:
The following list of conditions
have 'Scleritis' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Scleritis or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Scleritis:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Scleritis'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: