Glossary for Severe Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty
Medical terms related to Severe Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty or mentioned in this section include:
- ADHD-like symptoms: is a neurodevelopmental behavioural disorder affecting 3-5% of the population characterised by 3 main components: hyperactivity, impulsivity and inattention. Some conditions which cause similar symptoms include
- ADHD-like symptoms in adults: is a neurodevelopmental behavioural disorder affecting 3-5% of the population characterised by 3 main components: hyperactivity, impulsivity and inattention. Some conditions which cause similar symptoms include
- Adult ADHD: Adult ADHD, (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is a common neurobehavioral developmental disorder with an onset in childhood that continues into adulthood. Children do not simply grow out of ADHD, as is often believed. Just the opposite is commonly true - the symptoms of ADHD often get worse as a child grows into adulthood.
The predominant behaviors of adult ADHD are the same as in children and include:
These behaviors result in difficulties with:
- Remaining focused on a task or activity
- Controlling behavior
- Hyperactivity or over-activity
The symptoms of adult ADHD can be treated, but there currently is no cure for the disorder. Most people with ADHD can be successfully treated and lead normal, productive lives at home, work, school and with friends and family.
The cause or causes of ADHD are not yet known, although researchers believe that genes may be one factor in the development of the disease. It is most likely that the disorder is the result of a combination of elements, including environmental factors, traumatic head injuries, nutrition, and social influences.
- Alzheimer's Disease: A progressive degenerative disease of the brain of unknown cause
- Alzheimer's disease: A progressive degenerative disease of the brain of unknown cause
- Alzheimer's-like symptoms: symptoms such as dementia
- Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty: maybe to due to various causative agents
- Anxiety disorder: A mental condition that is characterized by anxiety and avoidance behaviours
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Bipolar disorder: Cycles of mania and depression; commonly called "manic-depression".
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Mental condition with behavioral and emotional problems.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Catatonic schizophrenia: Catatonic Schizophrenia means lessened muscle tone its symptoms are motor disturbances.
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Concentration difficulty: Reduced concentration ability or lack of concentration
- Conversion Disorder: A psychological condition where physical symptoms arise due to emotional dilemmas.
- Dementia: Mental confusion and impaired thought.
- Difficulty concentrating at work: is mostly related to stress
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Impulsivity in adults: maybe to due to various causative agents
- Inattentiveness in the workplace: maybe due to stress or an underlying neurological lesion
- Memory symptoms: Symptoms related to memory ability such as forgetfulness.
- Mental problems: Symptoms affecting judgement, thought or intelligence.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: Behavioral disorder with obsessive thoughts and compulsive acts.
- Panic disorder: is a severe medical condition characterized by extremely elevated mood
- Paranoid schizophrenia:
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Phobic disorder: A persistent and abnormal dread or fear.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Stress following a traumatic event.
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder: A personality disorder which is characterized by long term emotional coldness, indifference and criticism of others.
- Severe impulsivity in adults: maybe to due to various causative agents
- Severe inattentiveness in the workplace: maybe due to stress or an underlying neurological lesion
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Severe Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty:
The following list of conditions
have 'Severe Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Severe Alzheimers-like concentration difficulty or choose View All.