Glossary for Sickle cells in blood smear in children
Medical terms related to Sickle cells in blood smear in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Abnormal blood test symptoms: Abnormal results from diagnostic blood tests.
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Blood conditions: Conditions that affect the blood
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Microcytic hypochromic anemia: Microcytic anemia is a blood disorder characterized by small red blood cells (erythrocytes) which have insufficient haemoglobin and hence have a reduced ability to carry oxygen through the body. The red blood cells are small due to a failure of haemoglobin synthesis or insufficient quantities of haemoglobin available. The blood disorder is usually caused by conditions such as iron deficiency, chronic diseases and thalassemias. The severity and range of symptoms is variable.
- Red blood cell symptoms: Symptoms affecting red blood cells in the blood.
- Sickle Cell Anemia: Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder characterized by red blood cells which are crescent-shaped rather than the normal doughnut shape. These abnormally shaped red blood cells are unable to function normally and tend to undergo premature destruction which leads to anemia. If the genetic defect which causes the condition is inherited from both parents the condition can be quite severe whereas if it is inherited from only one parent, often there are no symptoms. The abnormally shaped red blood cells can cause problems when they clump together and block blood vessels.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Sickle cells in blood smear in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Sickle cells in blood smear in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Sickle cells in blood smear in children or choose View All.
» Next page: Side pain
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: