Glossary for Single, shaking chill
Medical terms related to Single, shaking chill or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Acute Appendicitis: Infection of the appendix
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Chikungunya: A rare viral disease usually transmitted by mosquitoes and characterized by fever, rash and severe arthritis.
- Cholangitis: bile duct inflammation (cholangitis)
- Cholecystitis: inflammation of the gall bladder.
- Continuous chills: occurs when the body temperature is cold
- Dengue fever: An acute viral disease characterized by fever, rash and myalgia and caused by a flavivirus which is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Endocarditis: Inflammatory alterations of the endocardium of ones heart
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Frank chills: A sensation of coldness, often accompanied by shivering and pallor of the skin
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- Jaundice: yellowish discoloration of the skin and mucous membrane
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Malaria: A parasitic disease transmitted through mosquito bites.
- Meningitis: Infection of the membrane around the brain (as a symptom)
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pelvic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the pelvis due to infection.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: A condition which is characterized by an infection which is located in the upper female genital tract
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Puerperal fever: Delayed uterine infection after childbirth
- Renal abscess: A pus-filled cavity that develops in the kidney as a result of inflammation. The inflammation may result from other purulent infections in the body. It is most common in young adults.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Septic abortion: An abortion associated with a uterine infection. The infection can occur during or just before or after an abortion. The infection can result from factors such as Chlamydia, IUD's or attempted abortion using infected tools.
- Septic shock: serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis, though the microbe may be systemic or localized to a particular site
- Septicemia: A systemic inflammatory response to an infection.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Spiking fever: sharp rise in the body temperature
- Temperature symptoms: Abnormalities of body temperature including fever.
- Tremor symptoms: Shaking or physical tremor.
- Typhoid fever: Fever from bacterial food poisoning.
- Typhus: A general name for various arthropod-borne rickettsial infections
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Single, shaking chill:
The following list of conditions
have 'Single, shaking chill' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Single, shaking chill or choose View All.
» Next page: Sinus bleeding
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: