Glossary for Skin tingling
Medical terms related to Skin tingling or mentioned in this section include:
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cercarial dermatitis: A short-lived rash that occurs as an allergic reaction to larval (cercariae) infection of the skin. These particular parasites use birds and animals as their first hosts. Larval eggs are excreted in the faeces and when they land in water, they hatch into larvae which then infect certain aquatic snails. The infected snails release another form of the larvae called cercariae which then search for a bird, mammal host. When they enter the skin of a human they die as humans are unsuitable hosts but the skin can produce an allergic reaction.
- Cold Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: Cold autoimmune hemolytic anemia is a condition where the body's immune system triggers the production of antibodies against the body's own red blood cells. The red cells are destroyed at an abnormally rapid rate which leads to anemia. Cold haemolytic anemia is characterized by the fact that the abnormal destruction of red blood cells is more active when the patient is exposed to cold temperatures. The severity of the condition varies depending on the underlying cause. The condition may develop gradually or occur suddenly and cause serious symptoms.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Dermatomyositis: A muscle disease characterized by chronic muscle inflammation resulting in progressive muscle weakness and a characteristic rash.
- Garland flower Daphne poisoning: Garland flower Daphne is a small shrub bearing clusters of small pink or white fragrant flowers and white or yellow berries. The plant originated in Europe and is often used as an ornamental plant in gardens. The plant contains chemicals which can cause poisoning symptoms if eaten. Severe cases can result in death. Skin irritation can also occur on skin exposure.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Mixed connective tissue disease: A rare disorder of the connective tissue which affects a range of body tissues and organs.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Scalp Tingling: Tingling, prickling or pins and needles sensation on the scalp
- Scalp tingling/paresthesia: A tingling sensation located on the scalp
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin pain: Pain affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Smoking: The smoking of cigarettes
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Tingling: Tingling, prickling, or pins-and-needles sensations
- Tulip poisoning: Tulips are an ornamental bulbous plant which contain a toxin called tulipalin. The chemical can cause symptoms if eaten but the plant is considered to have a relatively low level of toxicity. The plant may also cause skin irritation.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Skin tingling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Skin tingling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Skin tingling or choose View All.
» Next page: Skin tumors
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: