Glossary for Substance abuse
Medical terms related to Substance abuse or mentioned in this section include:
- Addiction symptoms: Symptoms related to addiction (physical or mental addiction)
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Alcohol use: Use of alcohol (as a symptom)
- Anti-social personalities: A group of psychological condition which are characterized by anti-social behaviour
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Combat stress reaction: A term used in the military which refers to behaviors that result from the stress of fighting in a war.
- Depression: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Depressive disorders: Depression or its various related conditions.
- Depressive symptoms: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Disorganization: Difficulty staying organized in society as a symptom
- Drug abuse: Drug use as a symptom of other conditions
- Drug overdose: A condition characterized by the consumption in excess of a particular drug causing adverse effects
- Dysthymia: Chronic depression usually associated with elderly people suffering stress from a variety of causes.
- Dysthymia/seasonal depression disorder, PND:
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Grief or loss: The normal emotional response that occurs to an external loss
- Lorazepam -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Lorazepam during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Mood symptoms: Mood symptoms such as depressive symptoms and mania.
- Nymphomania: Extreme sexual promiscuity in a female.
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- Schizophrenia: A psychiatric disorder characterized by hallucinations and delusional beliefs where a person is unable to distinguish between reality and imagination. The condition tends to have a chronic nature and can be severely debilitating if treatment isn't sought.
- Situational depression: Situational depression is a short-term condition that occurs when a person is unable to cope with, or adjust to, a particular source of stress, such as a major life change, loss or event.
- Society problems: Difficulty interacting in society.
- Valium -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Valium during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Substance abuse:
The following list of conditions
have 'Substance abuse' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Substance abuse or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Substance abuse:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Substance abuse'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: