Glossary for Sudden onset of spasticity of the lower limbs
Medical terms related to Sudden onset of spasticity of the lower limbs or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Encephalitis: Infection of the brain (as a symptom)
- Goossens-Devriendt syndrome: A very rare syndrome characterized mainly by a brain defect, congenital heart disease and extra fingers.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Leukomalacia: Softening or destruction of the white matter of the brain. Brain tissue that surrounds fluid-filled parts of the brain (ventricles) is destroyed. It tends to occur mainly in premature or newborn babies who have been deprived of oxygen or have poor blood flow to parts of the brain. Intrauterine infections and premature membrane rupture tend to predispose infants to this condition. This type of brain destruction can cause cerebral palsy. Severity of symptoms varies according to the degree of injury to the brain.
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Limb-body wall complex: A rare condition where disruption of the amniotic band system can result in head, heart, lung, diaphragm, kidney or gonad abnormalities .
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Multiple Sclerosis: Autoimmune attack on spinal nerves causing diverse and varying neural problems.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Spasticity: When there are hypertonic movements of the muscles and they are stiff
- Spasticity in children: Spasticity in children is a condition in which a child's muscles are unusually stiff and rigid and have over-reactive deep tendon reflexes.
- Spasticity of the lower limbs: Spasticity of the lower limbs refers to a condition in which the muscles of the legs contract continuously resulting in abnormal tightening and stiffness of the legs.
- Spina bifida: A congenital condition which is characterized by the abnormal closure of the vertebral arch
- Spinal Cord Tumor: Cancer of the spinal cord or central nervous system.
- Spinal cord injury: spinal cord injury causes myelopathy or damage to white matter or myelinated fiber tracts that carry sensation and motor signals to and from the brain
- Spine symptoms: Symptoms affecting the spine
- Stroke: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Stroke symptoms: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Suffocation: The death of an individual due to a lack of oxygen
- Syringomyelia: Spinal cord cysts
- Tumor: Abnormal tissue growth which may be malignant or benign.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Sudden onset of spasticity of the lower limbs:
The following list of conditions
have 'Sudden onset of spasticity of the lower limbs' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Sudden onset of spasticity of the lower limbs or choose View All.
» Next page: Sudden onset of spinal pain
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: