Glossary for Sudden unexpected death
Medical terms related to Sudden unexpected death or mentioned in this section include:
- Cardiac arrest: Sudden loss of cardiac function, where the heart stops beating.
- Carnitine transporter deficiency: An inherited deficiency of carnitine caused by the impaired ability of the carnitine transporter protein to carry the carnitine to where it is needed. Instead the carnitine is excreted through the urine. Fasting or illness can trigger a severe attack.
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Death: The loss of life.
- Death-related symptoms: Symptoms related to death or dying.
- Head injury: Any injury that occurs to the head
- Heart attack: An acute myocardial infarction
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Hereditary carnitine deficiency: An inherited deficiency of carnitine resulting primarily in muscle problems. Severe symptoms can be triggered by periods of illness or fasting.
- High blood pressure: Excessive blood pressure.
- Hypertension: Excessive blood pressure.
- Marfan syndrome: A genetic connective tissue disorder involving a defect of chromosome 15q21.1 which affects the production of the fibrillin needed to make connective tissue.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Muscle weakness: Weakness of the muscles or loss of tone
- Myocarditis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the muscles of the heart
- Sickle Cell Anemia: Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder characterized by red blood cells which are crescent-shaped rather than the normal doughnut shape. These abnormally shaped red blood cells are unable to function normally and tend to undergo premature destruction which leads to anemia. If the genetic defect which causes the condition is inherited from both parents the condition can be quite severe whereas if it is inherited from only one parent, often there are no symptoms. The abnormally shaped red blood cells can cause problems when they clump together and block blood vessels.
- Stroke: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Stroke symptoms: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: The sudden death of an infant due to an unknown cause that occurs during sleep
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Sudden unexpected death:
The following list of conditions
have 'Sudden unexpected death' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Sudden unexpected death or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Sudden unexpected death:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Sudden unexpected death'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Sudden, severe ocular pain
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: