Glossary for Tender regional lymph nodes
Medical terms related to Tender regional lymph nodes or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm infection: Infection of the tissues of the arm.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Breast cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Breast infection: Inflammatory conditions affecting the breast tissue.
- Cancer: Abnormal overgrowth of body cells.
- Cat scratch disease: An infectious disease transmitted through a cat's bite, scratch or lick and resulting primarily in lymph node pain and swelling. The condition can be mild or severe.
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Chikungunya: A rare viral disease usually transmitted by mosquitoes and characterized by fever, rash and severe arthritis.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Cysts: Fluid-filled lump under the skin often produced by over-secreting gland
- Dengue fever: An acute viral disease characterized by fever, rash and myalgia and caused by a flavivirus which is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Dental infection: Infection involving the teeth or gums.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Folliculitis: An inflammatory reaction which occurs in the follicles
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Herpes: Virus with one subtype causing cold sores and another causing genital herpes.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: A bacterial skin infection that occurs when sweat glands become blocked. Inflamed, pus producing nodules develop and eventually cause scarring. Mainly affects sweat glands in the armpits, groin, breasts and anal areas.
- Lump in the armpit: enlargement of one or more lymph nodes under the arms
- Lymph symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lymphatic system or lymph nodes
- Lymphadenitis: Inflammation that occurs in the lymph nodes
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Mumps: An acute viral disease that causes the salivary glands to become swollen, sore and inflamed. Immunization had greatly reduced the incidence of this disease.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Peritonsillar abscess: also known as quinsy
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Snake bite: When a person is bitten by a snake
- Spider Bites: A puncture wound caused by a spider that may involve the release of noxious substances or bacteria.
- Sporotrichosis: A fungal skin infection caused by the fungus Sporothrix schenckii. Usually only the skin is infected but bones, lungs and central nervous system can rarely be affected also. Transmission usually occurs through infection of a skin wound.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Tender regional lymph nodes:
The following list of conditions
have 'Tender regional lymph nodes' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Tender regional lymph nodes or choose View All.
» Next page: Tender tumour
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: