Glossary for Tenesmus due to lower gastrointestinal disorders
Medical terms related to Tenesmus due to lower gastrointestinal disorders or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Anal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the anus.
- Anorectal abscess: collection of pus in the anorectal region
- Colorectal cancer: Cancer of the colon (bowel) or rectum.
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Medical disorders of the gastrointestinal system, from entry to exit in the digestive system.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Polyp: A usually benign growth protruding from a mucous membrane.
- Rectal abscess: Abscess in the rectal area
- Tenesmus: feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Tenesmus due to lower gastrointestinal disorders:
The following list of conditions
have 'Tenesmus due to lower gastrointestinal disorders' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Tenesmus due to lower gastrointestinal disorders or choose View All.
» Next page: Tenesmus in pregnancy
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: