Glossary for Thumb tingling/ paresthesias
Medical terms related to Thumb tingling/ paresthesias or mentioned in this section include:
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Alcoholism: High dependence on excessive amounts of alcohol.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Back tingling/ paresthesias: Back tingling/paresthesias refers to tingling and other abnormal or unusual sensations in the back, such as burning, numbness, and pins and needles.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Breast tingling/ paresthesias: A tingling and numbness located in the breast
- Buttock tingling/ paresthesias: A tingling and numbness located in the buttock
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Hand or wrist problems; often from repetitive motion.
- Chest tingling/ paresthesias: A tingling and numbness located in the chest
- Chin tingling/paresthesias: A tingling and numbness that is located at the chin
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Elbow tingling/ paresthesias: A tingling and numbness located in the elbow
- Eye tingling/ paresthesias: A tingling and numbness located in the eye
- Eyelid paresthesia/ tingling: A loss of sensation located on the eyelid
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Hand numbness: Loss of feeling or sensation
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies: A rare disorder where the peripheral nerves are more sensitive to pressure than normal which results in recurring periods of numbness, tingling and sometimes loss of muscle function. The condition can affect one or more nerves such as the carpal tunnel nerve. Permanent damage to peripheral nerves can result from recurring episodes. The severity of symptoms are greatly variable from virtually asymptomatic to disability.
- Hypocalcemia: Low blood calcium levels
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Multiple Sclerosis: Autoimmune attack on spinal nerves causing diverse and varying neural problems.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Paresthesias: Tingling, prickling, numbness or burning sensations
- Partial seizure: A partial seizure is an electrical disturbance that originates in only one part of the brain and resulting in symptoms related to the body functions or parts that are controlled by that part of the brain. During a partial seizure movement, sensations, feelings or emotions may be affected. Partial seizures may spread to other parts of the brain and are then called generalized seizures. Partial seizures where the patient stays conscious are called simple partial seizures. If the patient loses consciousness then the seizure is called a complex partial seizure. Epilepsy is usually a partial seizure.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: A condition where the body extremities sweat and turn blue and cold. Exposure to cold, emotional stress and smoking may trigger the condition. Also known as acrocyanosis.
- Scleroderma, systemic: A rare autoimmune connective tissue disease where the body attacks parts of the body and causes scarring and thickness of the tissue. In the systemic form, the skin and organs are involved.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Shingles: Infectious viral infection occuring years after chickenpox infection.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Spinal cord lesion: Spinal cord lesion is a condition in which there is an area of abnormal tissue on the spinal cord.
- Thumb pain: A feeling of distress and agonycaused by the stimulation of pain nerve endings in the thumb
- Thumb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the thumb on the hand.
- Tingling: Tingling, prickling, or pins-and-needles sensations
- Tingling fingers: Finger tingling, prickling or pins-and-needles sensations
- Tingling hands: The occurrence of the sensation of tingling which occurs in the hands
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Thumb tingling/ paresthesias:
The following list of conditions
have 'Thumb tingling/ paresthesias' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Thumb tingling/ paresthesias or choose View All.
» Next page: Thumb ulcer
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: