Glossary for Toenail Rash
Medical terms related to Toenail Rash or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Athlete's foot: A condition which is characterized by a chronic superificial infection of the foot caused by a fungi
- Bacterial diseases: Diseases caused by a bacterial infection
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brittle nails: thinning of the nail plate
- Bronchiectasis: Chronic bronchiole dilation from secretions and blockages.
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Cushing's disease: A condition of hyperadrenocorticism which is secondary to excessive pituitary secretion of ACTH. Cushing's disease is different to Cushing's syndrome which refers to the effects of glucocorticoid excess from any cause.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Endocarditis: Inflammatory alterations of the endocardium of ones heart
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Fingernail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails
- Foot symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both feet
- Fungal infections: Symptoms from various fungal infections
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Jaundice: yellowish discoloration of the skin and mucous membrane
- Kwashiorkor: A malnutrition state that is produced by severe protein deficiency
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Liver conditions: Any condition that affects the liver
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Malnutrition: Any disorder that relates to inadequate intake of nutrients.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Nail symptoms: Symptoms affecting the fingernails or toenails
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Toe symptoms: Symptoms affecting the toes
- Toenail pain: Pain affecting a toenail
- Toenail symptoms: Symptoms of the nails on the toes
- Wilson's Disease: Wilson disease, or hepatolenticular degeneration, is a neurodegenerative disease of copper metabolism.
- Wilson's disease: Wilson disease, or hepatolenticular degeneration, is a neurodegenerative disease of copper metabolism.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Toenail Rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Toenail Rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Toenail Rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Toenail sensitive
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: