Glossary for Upper abdominal discomfort
Medical terms related to Upper abdominal discomfort or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal discomfort: The sensation of discomfort located in the abdomen
- Abdominal distention: The sensation and appearance of distention located in the abdomen
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Ankylostomiasis: A parasitic intestinal infection caused by a hookworm called Ancylostoma duodenale or Necator americanus. Infection usually occurs when larva enter a break in the skin and then travel throughout the body until the reach the intestines.
- Biliary Colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Biliary colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Cholelithiasis: gallstones (choleliths) are crystalline bodies formed within the body by accretion or concretion of normal or abnormal bile component.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Copper toxicity: Excessive accumulation of copper in the body can cause symptoms.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dyspepsia: Imprecise term for indigestion or various digestive complaints
- Epigastric tenderness: discomfort in the upper central region of the abdomen
- Fascioliasis: A rare parastitic infectious disease caused by liver fluke Fasciola hepatica which can cause blockage of the bile ducts in the liver.
- Food poisoning: Poisoning from a substance or microbe in food.
- Gastric lymphoma: A rare type of tumor that occurs in the lining of the stomach. The tumor may be primary or have spread there from other parts of the body. This type of tumor is more common in old people.
- Gastritis: gastritis is inflammation of the gastric mucosa of the stomach
- Gastritis, familial giant hypertrophic: A rare inherited chronic disorder characterized by overgrowth of the stomach lining resulting in excessive folds.
- Gradual onset of upper abdominal discomfort: Gradual onset of upper abdominal discomfort includes any type of uncomfortable sensation in the upper abdominal area.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hernia: General term for an organ protruding where it should not.
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Janbon syndrome: Gastrointestinal symptoms that can occur when using a drug called oxytetracycline which is a type of antibiotic. The drug tends to destroy the good bacteria in the gastrointestinal system and allows other bacteria resistant to the drug to flourish.
- Liver abscess: Pus in the liver
- Liver cancer: The occurrence of malignancy that occurs in the liver
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Lower abdominal pain: The occurrence of pain located in the lower abdominal region
- Malabsorption: Dysfunctional absorption
- Mediastinitis: inflammation of the tissues in the mid-chest, or mediastinum
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pancreatic cancer: Pancreatic cancer is a malignant neoplasm of the pancreas
- Pancreatitis: Any inflammation that occurs in the pancreas
- Pregnancy: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pyloric stenosis: Narrowed opening between stomach and intestines
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Spleen neoplasm: A tumor that originates in the spleen.
- Splenic infarct: A relatively uncommon condition where a portion of spleen tissue dies due to a lack of sufficient blood supply to the affected tissue for any reason. An interruption in the blood supply can result from such things as emboli, thrombi, twisted blood vessels or blood pressure changes, trauma and blood disorders such as leukemia and abnormal blood coagulation. The severity of symptoms depends on the amount of spleen tissue involved.
- Stomach cancer: Stomach or gastric cancer can develop in any part of the stomach and may spread throughout the stomach and to other organs
- Stomach pain: The occurrence of pain located in the stomach
- Tricuspid valve disease: A condition which affects the tricuspid valve of the heart
- Upper abdominal discomfort in pregnancy: Discomfort in the upper abdomen in a woman who is pregnant.
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
- Zieve syndrome: Liver and blood abnormalities caused by heavy alcohol consumption.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Upper abdominal discomfort:
The following list of conditions
have 'Upper abdominal discomfort' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Upper abdominal discomfort or choose View All.