Glossary for Upper abdominal tenderness
Medical terms related to Upper abdominal tenderness or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Abdominal tenderness: Abdominal point tenderness refers to the pain you feel when pressure is applied to a specific part of the belly area
- Adrenal gland symptoms: Symptoms affecting the adrenal glands
- Arm strain: An arm strain is an injury or damage to a muscle or tendon in the arm.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cholecystitis: inflammation of the gall bladder.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis: A metabolic acidosis that results from the accumulation of ketones when diabetes mellitus is poorly controlled
- Diabetic neuropathy: nerve damage which maybe motor, sensory and autonomic
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome: A rare condition where the thin layer around the liver becomes infected as a result of a spread of infection from gonococcal or chlamydial infections in females.
- Gall Bladder Cancer: Cancer of the gall bladder.
- Gastritis: gastritis is inflammation of the gastric mucosa of the stomach
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hemangioma: A condition which is characterized by a benign tumour cause by newly formed blood vessels
- Hematoma: Local collection of clotted blood
- Hepatoma: Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a primary malignancy of the liver.
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Hydronephrosis: Swelling of the kidney resulting from a blockage to the flow of urine.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Intensely aching pain: is most likely to occur in acute conditions
- Kidney Cancer: Cancer that forms in tissues of the kidneys
- Liver abscess: Pus in the liver
- Liver cancer: The occurrence of malignancy that occurs in the liver
- Myositis: One of the underlying causes for muscle weakness/myopathy.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pancreatic cancer: Pancreatic cancer is a malignant neoplasm of the pancreas
- Pancreatitis: Any inflammation that occurs in the pancreas
- Peptic Ulcer: Ulcer on the lining of the stomach or duodenum
- Peritonitis: Inflammation of the peritoneum.
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Postherpetic neuralgia: A condition which is characterized by persistent burning pain and hyperesthesia along the distribution of a cutaneous nerve
- Pyelonephritis: Any inflammation of the kidney
- Pyloric stenosis: Narrowed opening between stomach and intestines
- Right upper quadrant pain: pain in the right hypochondrium
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Splenic infarct: A relatively uncommon condition where a portion of spleen tissue dies due to a lack of sufficient blood supply to the affected tissue for any reason. An interruption in the blood supply can result from such things as emboli, thrombi, twisted blood vessels or blood pressure changes, trauma and blood disorders such as leukemia and abnormal blood coagulation. The severity of symptoms depends on the amount of spleen tissue involved.
- Stomach cancer: Stomach or gastric cancer can develop in any part of the stomach and may spread throughout the stomach and to other organs
- Subphrenic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the subphrenic region which is the area below the diaphragm but above the colon and liver. The infection can occur as a complication of abdominal surgery, acute pancreatitis and trauma.
- Tenderness: The occurrence of the sensation of pain
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Upper abdominal tenderness:
The following list of conditions
have 'Upper abdominal tenderness' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Upper abdominal tenderness or choose View All.
» Next page: Upper abdominal tingling
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: