Glossary for Violence
Medical terms related to Violence or mentioned in this section include:
- Acute intermittent porphyria: A rare inherited metabolic disorder caused by a disturbed porphyrin metabolism resulting in increased production of porphyrin or its precursors. Symptoms include abdominal pain, photosensitivity and neurological disturbances such as seizures, coma, hallucinations and respiratory paralysis.
- Aggression: Overly aggressive behavior.
- Agitation: A state of increased tension with episodes of emotional and physical irritability.
- Amphetamine abuse: Use of the stimulant drugs known as amphetamines or "speed"
- Anger: A strong feeling of displeasure and aggrevation
- Behavior changes: Behavior changes are any alteration in a person's normal or expected behavior patterns.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Depressive symptoms: Inappropriate depressed mood.
- Dexedrine withdrawal: Symptoms that occur when Dexedrine use is discontinued or reduced. Dexedrine is an amphetamine. Symptoms may vary depending on the level of dependence. Symptoms are usually peak during the second day and last about a week.
- Ecstasy abuse: Use of the illicit drug called ecstasy
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Irritability: Excessive feelings of annoyance or frustration.
- Jumping Frenchmen of Maine: A rare condition where the startle reflex is greatly exaggerated. The startle reflex in this order is characterized by jumping, raising the arms, yelling, hitting, obeying sudden commands and repeating sentences.
- Mood symptoms: Mood symptoms such as depressive symptoms and mania.
- Personality change: Change in a person's behavior and personality
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- Puerperal psychosis: An acute mental illness which occurs to a mother following childbirth
- Schizophrenia: A psychiatric disorder characterized by hallucinations and delusional beliefs where a person is unable to distinguish between reality and imagination. The condition tends to have a chronic nature and can be severely debilitating if treatment isn't sought.
- Society problems: Difficulty interacting in society.
- Variegate porphyria: A rare metabolic disorder characterized by a deficiency of a certain enzyme which results in a build-up in the body of porphyrins or their precursors. This form of hepatic porphyria causes the sufferer to have acute attacks as well as skin sensitivity.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Violence:
The following list of conditions
have 'Violence' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Violence or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Violence:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Violence'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Violent behavior
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: