Glossary for Vulva rash
Medical terms related to Vulva rash or mentioned in this section include:
- Atopic dermatitis: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Bacterial meningitis: Bacterial meningitis is a form of meningitis caused by bacteria that normally lives in the mouth and throat. When the immune system is unable to supress this bacteria, it travels to the cerebrospinal spinal fluid in the brain. From there it affects the membranes surrounding the brain.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Cradle Cap: Common scalp condition in babies
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Discoid eczema: Discoid eczema is a common form of skin inflammation and irritation characterized by its round or oval shape. The size of the lesions may vary from a few millimetres to centimetres across. The cause is unknown but minor injuries such as insect bites may be triggers. The lesions tend to occur most often on the limbs.
- Dry skin: Dryness, cracking or scaling of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Erythema nodosum: Allergic skin condition usually on the legs
- Female genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female genital organs.
- Female reproductive symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female reproductive organs.
- Female sexual symptoms: Symptoms of the female sexual organs.
- Foreskin rash: An eruption on the skin of the foreskin
- Genital herpes: Sexually transmitted infection of the genital region.
- Genital rash: Rash of the genital region
- Genital symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sex organs.
- Heat rash: Skin rash due to hot and humid weather
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Intercourse symptoms: Symptoms related to the act of sexual intercourse.
- Lichen sclerosis: Disease causing leathery or dry skin in genital areas.
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Mens health symptoms: Symptoms closely related to men's health.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Palm rash: Change in the skin which affects the color, appearance or texture.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Secondary syphilis: A condition which is characterized by fever, multiform skin eruptions, iritis, alopecia, mucous patches and severe pain in the head and joints
- Sexual symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sexual organs
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sole rash: An eruption on the skin of the sole.
- Stasis dermatitis:
- Treponema infection: A rare infectious diseases which is transmitted through sexual contact and caused by Treponema pallidum (a spirochete bacterium). Untreated cases can result in severe complications and even death.
- Vaginal rash: An eruption on the skin of the vagina.
- Vaginitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to the vagina
- Vulva itch: Itching of the vulva area
- Vulva symptoms: Symptoms related to the vulva (external skin region near vagina)
- Vulvitis: Any inflammation which occurs to the vulva
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Vulva rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Vulva rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Vulva rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Vulva swelling
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: