Glossary for Warts
Medical terms related to Warts or mentioned in this section include:
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Cancer: Abnormal overgrowth of body cells.
- Condyloma: A type of wart transmitted through direct sexual contact and is caused by the human papilloma virus.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Fucosidosis type II: A form of the biochemical disorder called fucosidosis where an enzyme deficiency (alpha-fucosidase) results in the accumulation of certain chemicals (glycosphingolipids) in the central nervous system and other body tissues. Symptoms start later and progress slower than in type I and is distinguished by warty skin growths.
- Genital warts: Skin warts in the genital regions.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Human Papillomavirus: Very common sexually transmitted disease causing genital warts and associated with certain cancers.
- Immune deficiency: A decrease in the capability of the immune system of the body
- Immune deficiency conditions: Any of various diseases that suppress the immune system.
- Incontinentia Pigmenti: A rare genetic skin pigmentation disorder characterized by eye, teeth, bone, nail and hair malformations as well as central nervous abnormalities and mental deficiency.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Keratosis: A localized thickening or overgrowth of the upper skin layer such as in a callus or wart.
- Lump: Any type of lump on the skin or body areas
- Lymphatic Obstruction: A blockage of the lymph vessels that drain fluid from body tissues and facilitate immune system cell movement through the body. Lymphatic obstruction can be caused by such things as tumors, surgery, injury and infection. Obstruction can be primary (as in the case of inherited conditions such as lymphatic hypoplasia) or secondary (as in the case of infection).
- Molluscum contagiosum: Common wart-causing virus.
- Primary Lymphatic Obstruction: A blockage of the lymph vessels from birth. Lymph vessels drain fluid from body tissues and facilitate immune cell movement through the body. Primary obstruction can be the result of underdeveloped or malformed lymph vessels.
- Seborrheic keratosis: Thickening of the skin condition usually from age
- Secondary Lymphatic Obstruction: A blockage of the lymph vessels that occurs secondary to some other condition such as infection. Lymph vessels drain fluid from body tissues and facilitate immune cell movement through the body. Secondary lymphatic obstruction can be caused by such things as tumors, surgery, injury and infection.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Various diseases spread by sexual contact.
- Skin bumps: Bumps or lumps on the skin.
- Skin lump: The occurrence of a lump that is located on the skin
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin rash: Change in the skin which affects the color, appearance or texture.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Small raised bumps: are lesions which can vary from papules, rashes, pustules an nodules
- Sun spots: Wart-like lumps from sun exposure
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Tuberous sclerosis: A rare genetic disorder characterized by harmartomatous skin nodules, seizures, phakomata and bone lesions.
- WHIM syndrome: A rare syndrome characterized by warts, hypogammaglobulinemia (low blood gammaglobulin levels), recurring bacterial infections and myelokathexis (form of neutropenia). It is a form of immunodeficiency disease caused by a mutation in a chemokine receptor.
- Warts: Wart growths on the skin or genital area.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Warts:
The following list of conditions
have 'Warts' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Warts or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Warts:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Warts'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: