Treatments for Warts
The following treatments are listed for Warts
in our knowledge base:
- No treatment - some warts are neither harmful nor embarrassing
- Watchful waiting - some warts disappear without treatment.
- Chemical cautery
- Laser surgery
- Over-the-counter wart treatments - although results are uncertain; your doctor usually has better options.
- Treatment of only some warts - it is common for other warts to disppear once a few are successfully treated.
Alternative Treatments for Warts
Alternative treatments, home remedies, other other complementary therapies that have been listed as possibly helpful for Warts in various sources may include:
- Thuja occidentalis
- Antimonium crudum
- Calcarea carbonica
- Genian violet antiseptic
- Garlic compress
- Multimineral supplement
- Multivitamin supplement
- Olive leaf extract
- Repeated treatment of duct tape, soaking, filing
- Garlic supplement
- Vinegar compress
- Dandelion stem liquid-topical
- Crushed vitamin C tablet paste
- Birch bark-topical
- Birch bark supplement
- Banana peel-topical
- Lemon peel-topical
- Papaya sap-topical
- Raw potato-topical
- Basil leaf-topical
- Castor oil-topical
- Vitamin E-topical
- Wrap the wart with adhesive tape for five or six days at a time
- Soak wart in very hot (but not scalding) water
- Wart remover with 17% salicylic acid
- Mediplast (salicylic acid) cut to fit over wart, clean and file wart in between applications
Drugs and Medications used to treat Warts:
Some of the drugs and medications used in the treatment of Warts may include:
- Salicylic Acid
- Wart-Off Maximum Strength
- Compound W
- Compound W One Step Wart Remover
- Duoforte 27
- Soluver Plus
Unlabeled Drugs and Medications to treat Warts:
Unlabelled alternative drug treatments for Warts may include:
Treatments for Causes of Warts
Review the treatment information pages for various causes of Warts:
More causes: not all possible causes for Warts are listed above; for a full list refer to causes of Warts.
Only your doctor can advise whether any of these treatments are appropriate
for your specific medical situation.
Always discuss all treatment options with your doctor before
making a decision,
including whether to start or discontinue any treatment plan.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Warts:
The following list of conditions
have 'Warts' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Warts or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Warts:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Warts'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: