Treatments for Trigeminal neuralgia
Treatment List for Trigeminal neuralgia
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Trigeminal neuralgia
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Trigeminal neuralgia: Is the Diagnosis Correct?
The first step in getting correct treatment is
to get a correct diagnosis.
Differential diagnosis list for Trigeminal neuralgia may include:
Hidden causes of Trigeminal neuralgia may be incorrectly diagnosed:
- Benign tumor of the meninges
- Facial nerve tumor
- Enlarged blood vessels
- Often, no cause can be found. However, areas of brain swelling or abnormal blood vessels (arteriovenous malformations) can cause it
- more causes...»
Trigeminal neuralgia: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Trigeminal neuralgia:
Trigeminal neuralgia: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Nerve Specialists:
- Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists:
- Pain Specialists:
- Arthritis & Joint Health Specialists (Rheumatology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Drugs and Medications used to treat Trigeminal neuralgia:
Note:You must always seek professional medical advice about any prescription drug, OTC drug, medication, treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Some of the different medications used in the treatment of Trigeminal neuralgia include:
- Carbitrol Extended Release
- Gen-Carbamazepine CR
- PMS Carbamazepine
- Taro-carbamazepine CR
- Tegretol Chewable Tablet
Unlabeled Drugs and Medications to treat Trigeminal neuralgia:
Unlabelled alternative drug treatments for Trigeminal neuralgia include:
- Dilantin Infatabs
- Dilantin w/Phenobarbital
- Ekko JR
- Ekko SR
- Ekko Three
- Valproic Acid
- Depakote ER
Hospital statistics for Trigeminal neuralgia:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Trigeminal neuralgia:
- 0.016% (2,012) of hospital consultant episodes were for trigeminal neuralgia in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 94% of hospital consultant episodes for trigeminal neuralgia required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 35% of hospital consultant episodes for trigeminal neuralgia were for men in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 65% of hospital consultant episodes for trigeminal neuralgia were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Discussion of treatments for Trigeminal neuralgia:
NINDS Trigeminal Neuralgia Information Page: NINDS (Excerpt)
Treatment for trigeminal neuralgia typically includes
anticonvulsant medications such as carbamazepine or phenytoin. Baclofen,
clonazepam, gabapentin, and valproic acid may also be effective and may be
used in combination to achieve pain relief. If medication fails to relieve
pain, surgical treatment may be recommended.
(Source: excerpt from NINDS Trigeminal Neuralgia Information Page: NINDS)
Headache -- Hope Through Research: NINDS (Excerpt)
neuralgia patients are controlled with drugs, including carbamazepine.
Patients who do not respond to drugs may be helped by surgery on the
(Source: excerpt from Headache -- Hope Through Research: NINDS)
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Trigeminal neuralgia