Treatments for Vagina cancer
Treatments for Vagina cancer:
There is no way to prevent primary vagina cancer. However, secondary vagina cancer that occurs due to the spreading of cervical cancer may be prevented in some cases. Although guidelines vary, it is often recommended that teenage girls and women begin having regular Pap smear screening tests to screen for cervical cancer. Prevention also includes abstaining from sex or having sex only within the framework of a monogamous relationship, in which neither partner is infected with a sexually transmitted disease or been exposed to the HPV virus. Prevention also includes always using a condom for each sex act.
A vaccine, called Gardasil, has also been developed that provides protection from the types of HPV that cause most cervical cancers.
Once vagina cancer has developed, treatment is individualized to the individual case, the specific type of vagina cancer, and the stage of cancer. The prognosis for a cure of vagina cancer is best when the disease is diagnosed and treated at an early stage. Prognosis also depends of the specific type of vagina cancer.
Treatment of vagina cancer may include surgery but generally is treated with radiation therapy. Depending on the type of vagina cancer, treatment may include surgery, radiation therapy, and possibly chemotherapy.
Treatment List for Vagina cancer
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Vagina cancer
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
Alternative Treatments for Vagina cancer
Alternative treatments or home remedies that have been listed as possibly helpful for Vagina cancer may include:
Vagina cancer: Marketplace Products, Discounts & Offers
Products, offers and promotion categories available for Vagina cancer:
Vagina cancer: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Pregnancy & Fertility Health Specialists:
- Womens Health Specialists:
- Cancer Specialists:
- Urinary & Bladder Specialists (Urology):
- Kidney Health Specialists (Nephrology):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
Hospital statistics for Vagina cancer:
These medical statistics relate to hospitals, hospitalization and Vagina cancer:
- 0.006% (696) of hospital consultant episodes were for malignant neoplasm of vagina in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 94% of hospital consultant episodes for malignant neoplasm of vagina required hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 100% of hospital consultant episodes for malignant neoplasm of vagina were for women in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- 16% of hospital consultant episodes for malignant neoplasm of vagina required emergency hospital admission in England 2002-03 (Hospital Episode Statistics, Department of Health, England, 2002-03)
- more hospital information...»
Hospitals & Medical Clinics: Vagina cancer
Research quality ratings and patient incidents/safety measures
for hospitals and medical facilities in specialties related to Vagina cancer:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Treatment Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Vagina cancer,
on hospital and medical facility performance and surgical care quality:
Buy Products Related to Treatments for Vagina cancer