Prognosis of Viral Hepatitis
Prognosis of Viral Hepatitis: The prognosis of viral hepatitis for most patients is good. ...see also Overview of Viral Hepatitis
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Viral Hepatitis: 4,853 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001); fewer than 1,000 deaths (NIDDK 1985)
Estimated mortality rate for Viral Hepatitis from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 4,853 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
4,853 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001); fewer than 1,000 deaths (NIDDK 1985))
- Incidence: 451,999 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
about 452,000 annual cases based on incidence of HepA, HepB, HepC, and HepD (NIDDK 1990-1992)
- 1.1% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Viral Hepatitis and Overview of Viral Hepatitis.
Complications of Viral Hepatitis may include:
See also complications of Viral Hepatitis.
Death Statistics for Viral Hepatitis
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Viral Hepatitis:
- Fewer than 1,000 deaths in the USA 1985 (Digestive diseases in the United States: Epidemiology and Impact - NIH Publication No. 94-1447, NIDDK, 1994)
- 5,585 people died from viral hepatitis each year in the US 2001 (Deaths: Final Data for 2001, NCHS, CDC)
- 2 people died per 100,000 population from viral hepatitis each year in the US 2001 (Deaths: Final Data for 2001, NCHS, CDC)
- more death statistics...»
Viral Hepatitis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Viral Hepatitis usually refers to the likely outcome
of Viral Hepatitis.
The prognosis of Viral Hepatitis
may include the duration of Viral Hepatitis, chances of complications of Viral Hepatitis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Viral Hepatitis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Viral Hepatitis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Viral Hepatitis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: